Local 5k race in August (Read 502 times)

I am planning to run the "Carrotfast 5k" on the 16th, a small local event. I just checked their website and found they had 115 entries last year, 4 of whom ran under 16 minutes, 12 of whom ran under 17 minutes, and the top 29 were all under 20 minutes. Pretty fast times for a small event! Amusingly(?) one of the main sponsors is a local funeral home named Hulse...(no pulse, call Hulse?) Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

JimR

The Newmarket Huskies hosts it, they're well known and have a lot of good runners so they can draw a lot of faster runners. RRResults does the timing and they've a reputation for cheap well organized events. The course is certified this year to, that might draw more attention to it. I might go, it's not that far away but it's the day before I leave for vacation. It's only 20 bucks.
      JimR

Oh, look....there I am... standing behind this girl Slow race for me, I had faster splits at the 5 mile nightcrawler a couple of months ago. Rushing around getting ready to head to the cottage kind of impacted me, I was on my feet all day Friday and was sore before I even started. Not a bad event though.