McCain names VP pick (Read 1538 times)

xor

Obama/Biden is more of the same Washington politcs, at least McCain/Palin has some promise.
    Bob, I'd say that McCain's record for voting the Bush line makes me not really believe what you write.

Member Since 2008

Well put Bob. The only change your going to get with Obama is more taxes. That's a fact.

The voice of mile 18

Look, if Palin was forced into the roll of president, she is basically a figurehead, she will be surrounded by very smart and experienced people. It looks like McCain will be picking Romney, Guiliani and Lieberman for cabinet positions. If you think that voting for Obama means change, the only thing that will change will be the man in the oval office.
        yeah that's what i thought about W the first time around he's surrounded w/ lots of smart folks who will help me out. turns they weren't as smart as i thought.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

GP160

Bush and McCain have never liked eachother. You don't see any Bush commercials supoorting McCain....(at least none in PA ) I am so happy that McCain picked Sarah Palin. I watched her speech today and I think she is fantastic. I agree that Obama's version of 'change' is taxing my savings and income. Either we fight the war over there or we fight it here. I don't know about you guys but I don't want terrorists in my back yard. Evil grin McCain was a POW for 6 years, I think he knows a thing or two about war.... What was the most awful thing Obama has endured????? Also, why would Obama pick Biden for his VP when a short time ago Biden stated Obama doesn't have what it takes to be POTUS. Hmmmmmm...... Confused
          Ironman Louisville 8-30-09

Jazz hands!

Bush and McCain have never liked each other. You don't see any Bush commercials supoorting McCain...
            Given that Bush's approval rating is like 30%, I'm sure McCain doesn't want Bush's commercials. Despite not actually being much different, he's trying to convince us that he is.
            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
            Lisa3.1

Menace to Sobriety

I don't guess there's any chance we can make this a "politics free" zone, or at least have a separate forum for it. I get enough of it on the news.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

She's a marathoner.

Non ducor, duco.

Evil grin Roll eyes Evil grin Roll eyes Buh-bye all. See you again in mid-November!

Dave

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Insert witty title here

Just because she's a runner doesn't mean she's a good choice. Since she has no experience all advice would come from McSame which means the only running I could see her doing is helping to run the country further into the ground.

ThomasRuns Blog
                        Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Imminent Catastrophe

I don't guess there's any chance we can make this a "politics free" zone, or at least have a separate forum for it. I get enough of it on the news.
                          I'd avoid clicking on threads titled "McCain names VP pick" and the like if I were you and wanted to avoid politics. This is the right place for it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Lane

And a presumably "former" pot smoker.
                            So is Obama Wink MTA: The article posted quotes her as saying "I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled". I believe when Obama was asked if he inhaled while smoking pot, he said something to the effect of "I thought that was the point". When looking at information on the website, I try to take in everything I can. First, I noticed that the article was on a website for Time/CNN, a notoriously unbiased( Roll eyes ) news group. Second, there is an ad for Obama's website just to the right that dwarfs the size of the article. Add that to the insinuation that she currently has pot (which the article does not actually say) and all that adds up to a pile of crap.
                              Obama is not change. He voted with his party 97% of the time. He is more devoted to politics as usual than McCain has ever been. People really need to look past the nice catch phrases and past party politics. I voted for Bush the first time and Kerry the 2nd and I am indipendent. Obama has the most liberal voting record of anyone in Congress and Biden is the top 10...while McCain is chastized by his party for being to much in the center and Palin ousted the corrupt politics in Alaska that was run by her own party. Please don't follow the party lines and really educate yourself on all the "facts". All I got to say is McCain/Biden is leading in my mind...but I will watch the debates to set it in stone. Side Note: If Palin holds her own or wins the debate against Biden, she could be the 1st Female US President in 4-8 years.
                              2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)

Jazz hands!

And a presumably "former" pot smoker.
                                See also: all of Congress Wink
                                run run run AHHHHHH run run run