Anyone get headaches after running? (Read 1482 times)

evtish

I get a lingering (as in hours and hours and hours) mild (not Migraine level) headache after running. This is not just after intevals and other hard workouts, but after easy runs as well. Not as much after very easy recovery jogs. I've tried making sure I eat before, or after, or drinking alot of water...still happens. It's really annoying to feel crappy after doing something that is healthy. I suffered from a Migraine variant called cluster headaches for about 20 years before I stopped getting them (those were a real fun time). Maybe I just have something wrong that doctor's can't figure out. Does anyone else suffer from this?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Migraines are a type of headache, not a severity. A migraine can be mild. A migraine is manifest as a headache, typically over one side of the head and associated with a feeling of malaise. They can be common post-run. http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/91145bce5d6d49e1bbf0518e93968a74#focus
      MojoJojo

I used to get headaches near the back of my head. A more experienced runner suggested looking more toward the horizon and less at the ground... problem solved for my type.
          I got my first migraine in 6 yrs after my first half marathon. I broke the cardinal rule. Don't do anything new. I bought new sunglasses. Mile 9 I saw halo's, by the time we had crossed the finish line and picked up our kid's I was in agony. I thought I was dehydrated. Wore the same sunglasses on my new few runs and felt like my eyes were being pulled out of my head. The lightbulb finally clicked. I returned the sunglasses. My first thought whenever I get a headache of any kind is did I drink enough water?

Misinformation Officer

Just wanted to chime in with the glasses thing... I cannot wear polarized lenses. They give me a terrible headache, no matter how tinted they are! Bizarre.

Jazz hands!

I used to get headaches near the back of my head. A more experienced runner suggested looking more toward the horizon and less at the ground... problem solved for my type.
              I second this--I get horrifying tension headaches if I sit in a certain type of chair for too long. Make sure your posture is good, don't look at the ground, stretch out your shoudlers & back after you run. Strengthening my core some also helped.
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run