Diet Pop impact on weight (Read 1723 times)

Scout7

On the surface, because people need to resist the unhealthy foods they want.  I think what you're getting at, or maybe just what I'm getting at, is why are they craving these things? How much does ubiquitous advertising have to do with it? On that, how much does ubiquitous advertising have to do with the (sort-of) opposite: the desire to be skinny. 

To me the real waste is all the energy consumed in the back-and-forth.  The whole process has got us hog-tied.  I think we were encouraged to play more and to appreciate good portions of good food (and drink) in good company, that would help. 

Maybe the craving has far more to do with habit, and mental grooving, than it does with any biochemical responses to the chemicals in the foods themselves.

If you grew up and never learned how to cook, or make a healthy meal, and if your only source of "groceries" is the local convenience store, chances are you are going to grow up to be fat.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

But acquiring the beer and potato chips took some level of willpower.

No.  I put the beer in a box and mailed it to him.  It really took him little willpower, if any at all.

True story.

jeff, you're not paying attention. tech tee's obesity is the fault of his own lazy exercise and eating patterns; therefore, one can extrapolate that each person's obesity is due to their individual lazy exercise and eating patterns. it's simple really. the underlying cause of obesity is america today is lack of willpower.

p.s. why are you trying to control the will of other people? if they want to be fat, let them be fat.

Please.  I'm fat.  Not obese.

Jeff

Scout7

No.  I put the beer in a box and mailed it to him.  It really took him little willpower, if any at all.

True story.

Ah, but we are talking about our society, so really, we should be discussing collective will, yes?  In this case, your will to package and send it counts.

Also, he had to open the package and put the beer somewhere.

Prince of Fatness

True story.

Now if you would have just tossed a bag of chips in there I'd have been all set.  Not a big deal though, as I had Mrs Finn pick them up for me while she was at the store.  No willpower there either.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Also, he had to open the package and put the beer somewhere.

Burp!

Not at it at all. 

Scout7

Burp!

Just to be completely clear here, I'm mostly jealous that you got beer from Trent.

"run" "2" "eat"

i like diet pop, but i like un-diet pop better. diet pop is always cranky because diets moms won't let him have beers.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Prince of Fatness

Just to be completely clear here, I'm mostly jealous that you got beer from Trent.

Yeah but he got some from me too, so I'm not all that special.

Not at it at all. 

Scout7

Yeah but he got some from me too, so I'm not all that special.

Oh, don't sell yourself short, spud, you're real special.  Hence the helmet.

How come an ad for alcohol rehab is coming up for this thread?  Shouldn't it be an ad for Weight Watchers or something?  Or Diet Pepsi?

Jeff

"run" "2" "eat"

ads are personally targeted to your specific needs. clearly, you have a problem with alcohol. FACT.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

or, did i mean - specifically targeted to your personal needs?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Got an address, scout, get a beer.

"run" "2" "eat"

we are jealous of those things which belong to us.

we envy that which is another's.