Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Candice is a fer sure. Mississippi too. We are the RA team! I will send you something via fb.
    Ok. Thanks.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Only if I get brisket and ribs. I could care less about how long the race is. I just want Texas BBQ.
      Yes! Run 6. Brisket, Run 6. Ribs. Repeat until satisfied. Just sweet!
      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
      obsessor

Which part? I love me some Texas.
        both. Me too, I have family in Texas. I am not in love with Dallas or Houston, but most of the rest of it. Former Okie, here. I identified with the place more than any other I've lived in. It's REAL. Ok, back to the regularly scheduled programming. Texas bbq competitions are to die for. For the record. Ugh, I just remembered how my guts felt after the last one.
        obsessor

Yes! Run 6. Brisket, Run 6. Ribs. Repeat until satisfied. Just sweet!
          between you and anda, I am laughing my head off at those last two comments. I love brisket, but, ugh, not before running. After - beer, brisket, and friends. Nothing says love more than that, eh?

The Greatest of All Time

No way I am tackling BBQ mid relay. Dude. But look out on Sunday. It's on like Donkey Kong. Not a big fan of Dallas or Houston either. They are ok I guess. Austin and SA are much better overall IMHO.

obsessor

This is going to be great, I'm feelin the love already. MMMMMMM brisket.

The Greatest of All Time

This is going to be great, I'm feelin the love already. MMMMMMM brisket.
                I did have decent brisket in Nashville. But it's not the same as Texas brisket. I really miss Texas sometimes...mostly in February. Wink

Forever Learning

Marcus, Saw you are up North near me. I assume you are flying in? I am still on the fence. I am running Houston in January and not sure I can rationalize two trips in Q1...

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, Saw you are up North near me. I assume you are flying in? I am still on the fence. I am running Houston in January and not sure I can rationalize two trips in Q1...
                    Yes, definitely flying. Most likely into Dallas Friday morning. I am planning on doing the Illinois marathon down in Champaign in April so this trip to Texas is a good way to get in a few speed workouts in a short amount of time. Wink Relays are a blast. I ran River to River earlier this year and it was a lot of fun. You should come to Texas. The weather should be about perfect. And the BBQ is awesome. Big grin

Lazy idiot

I ran River to River earlier this year and it was a lot of fun.
                      Yes... yes, you did.

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

Forever Learning

Marcus, I just moved from Houston and was in Birmingham, AL before that. I loves me some BBQ! Big grin
                          xor

Can someone 'splain the progression of this thread for me in, perhaps, a paragraph? Thanks!

Can someone 'splain the progression of this thread for me in, perhaps, a paragraph? Thanks!
                              Anda suggested a relay to run and people signed up and we'll be having BBQ at the end. Big grin Got it?

Michelle

obsessor

Hey mississipi, will you be stepping up for some cross-training to aid your aerobic conditioning while you recover (and so as to not exacerbate your injury)? Ugh, what a horrible sentence. I'm distracted.