Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Anda suggested a relay to run and people signed up and we'll be having BBQ at the end. Big grin Got it?
    I am SO jealous! You guys will have a blast. Eat some brisket for me, please!!
      Anda suggested a relay to run and people signed up and we'll be having BBQ at the end. Big grin Got it?
      If DJ Marcus joins and brings a PA, we'll have tunes to keep our foot tempo at 180 bpm Big grin After being a bit Dead, I'm looking to get a run in tonight.

Vim

Hey mississipi, will you be steeping up for some cross-training to aid your aerobic conditioning while you recover (and so as to not exacerbate your injury)? Ugh, what a horrible sentence. I'm distracted.
        My mystery injury seems to have gone away. With as much as it hurt on Thursday night and into Saturday I can't figure what it was. I iced and heated a lot since then and it really feels fine now. I took it easy the past few days and all that I have is little tightness in my ankle. I ran on the TM the past two days and I feel great. I don't cross-train really. Normally I'd be playing soccer but I don't have the time, and I worry that I'll get hurt again (rolled an ankle last year), so I'm avoiding it. Watching my daughters two games last night was rough! Especially since two of the women from my team were there watching too and we talked about the upcoming soccer session. I came up with a training plan, would you mind if I sent you a copy for some helpful suggestions?

Michelle

If DJ Marcus joins and brings a PA, we'll have tunes to keep our foot tempo at 180 bpm Big grin
          That would be awesome!
          After being a bit Dead, I'm looking to get a run in tonight.
          Good luck with your run! Smile

Michelle

I am SO jealous! You guys will have a blast. Eat some brisket for me, please!!
            I'm very excited about the whole thing. Getting to meet some more RA'ers, meeting back up with the ones that I just met at the Monkey, AND running in a relay as demanding as this sounds! Smile MTA: And the brisket, can't forget that!! Good stuff!

Michelle

I'm very excited about the whole thing. Getting to meet some more RA'ers, meeting back up with the ones that I just met at the Monkey, AND running in a relay as demanding as this sounds! Smile MTA: And the brisket, can't forget that!! Good stuff!
              having this race on the schedule is just inspiring me. winter training was looking so bleak. it is now a bright, glorious challenge. I am NOT gonna let you down with my training! a fantastic summary btw Big grin
              And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
              obsessor

My mystery injury seems to have gone away. With as much as it hurt on Thursday night and into Saturday I can't figure what it was. I iced and heated a lot since then and it really feels fine now. I took it easy the past few days and all that I have is little tightness in my ankle. I ran on the TM the past two days and I feel great. I don't cross-train really. Normally I'd be playing soccer but I don't have the time, and I worry that I'll get hurt again (rolled an ankle last year), so I'm avoiding it. Watching my daughters two games last night was rough! Especially since two of the women from my team were there watching too and we talked about the upcoming soccer session. I came up with a training plan, would you mind if I sent you a copy for some helpful suggestions?
                Please do. I'd love to help. You have my e-mail, yes?
                  Please do. I'd love to help. You have my e-mail, yes?
                  I have it, thanks! Smile

Michelle

Non ducor, duco.

Did everyone get on the google group? Please say yes.
                    obsessor

I'll try to do it from home. This isn't working for me. So, this once, sadly, I'll say no to you.

Non ducor, duco.

I'll try to do it from home. This isn't working for me. So, this once, sadly, I'll say no to you.
                        okay, but I now have it in print that it will only be once. Anyone else? aroundthehorn, Marcus? Scovill? Candice? Mississippi is a yes, Tim is a yes.
                          Yes. Although I did manage to forget my password and had to reset it. Blush

Michelle

obsessor

Yes. Although I did manage to forget my password and had to reset it. Blush
                            That was my problem, and it never worked for me. I set up a gmail account (drunner72), So I am guessing that now I'll be able to get on the group. And so, Anda, can I have my "No" back?

Why is it sideways?

When I left Texas in 2001, I swore I'd never go back. My grandma told me not to swear.
                                Confirmed spot holders should have gotten an email for access to the Google group from me. I wanted to get an idea of where and how everyone was coming in so we could work on some of the pre/post race logistics. Please reply to my post on the Google group with your tentative travel plans. If you’re flying in please look at the following airports: Airport codes IAH Houston International HOU Houston Hobby DFW Dallas Fort Worth Airport DAL Dallas Love Field AUS Austin International SAT San Antonio International

Vim