Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

AroundTheHorn

also, what about the ladies running at night? I know our fellow RA girls can hold there own but I'm not too sold on them being all alone at night. I'm pretty sure there are going to be a ton of runners (people should feel safer) but what if we kick ass and leave everyone behind Big grin. Should us males run with them at night or should we just arm them with handguns Wink?
    Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
      You should be more afraid of dogs, mountain lions etc (atleast here in North Carolina) and drunk drivers on Saturday night. I dont think it matters if you are a galor a guy for all above cases
        Cool!! Im in the Clear Lake area. We will have to meet up. I talked to AroundtheHorn (todd) about meeting at Allen Parkway for a run sometime. Are you running Houston?
        andahuff - Are you running the marathon this weekend? I am not, but have freinds and running partners who are. I plan to be out thier in support (prob ~ mile 20).
        AroundTheHorn

Where did everybody go?
            Where did everybody go?
            We're hiding.

Michelle

Ira. I might be joining you on the flight if they have room! My relatives are dragging their feet in deciding what to do and I don't want to wait any longer!!!

Michelle

should we just arm them with handguns Wink?
                Dude. This is Texas. They are already armed.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

AroundTheHorn

I just noticed 2 of the legs go through the park I run at!. I will probably see a few familiar faces (should I run this leg or not?)
                    I just noticed 2 of the legs go through the park I run at!. I will probably see a few familiar faces (should I run this leg or not?)
                    cool.
                    And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                    obsessor

If it's the downtown run, I think the website says this is the Captain's Leg.

Non ducor, duco.

andahuff - Are you running the marathon this weekend? I am not, but have freinds and running partners who are. I plan to be out thier in support (prob ~ mile 20).
                        Yes, I am running Houston. We should definitely meet. I will be at the BARC (Bay Area Running Club) tent or someone there will find me. You can also grab my number of the google group.

Non ducor, duco.

also, what about the ladies running at night? I know our fellow RA girls can hold there own but I'm not too sold on them being all alone at night. I'm pretty sure there are going to be a ton of runners (people should feel safer) but what if we kick ass and leave everyone behind Big grin. Should us males run with them at night or should we just arm them with handguns Wink?
                          Uh, Thanks for the concern, but I dont need no boy to protect me. Wink
                            Gotta watch out.

Vim

Yeah, what she said!

Michelle

Yes, I am running Houston. We should definitely meet. I will be at the BARC (Bay Area Running Club) tent or someone there will find me. You can also grab my number of the google group.
                                Not running, but plan to support (through festive cheering and offering of libations or actually pacing a few people). We plan to be at ~ mmile 19.5. I will look up your # and keep an eye out.