Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

Non ducor, duco.

I am willing to be team captain and set everything up for an open mixed relay team running as Runningahead.com. If anyone knows someone who could sponsor us, then we could switch over the corporate entry. If I get 8 people to commit, I will send in the $900 racing fee. Because I do not like flakiness, the entrance fee of $900 will be divided by 12 runners and whoever wants a confirmed spot on the team sends $75 in. Also to prevent bailouts, there will be a time (such as the end of December) after which no refunds are given. After the relay, any other costs would be split. -Communal Goods, stay at the high school, and vans would be equally divided -Hotels split for those who need them -Drivers food paid by runners -Any extra fee money split in the event we do not have 12 runners Runners will be responsible for setting up their own race kits. Here is my email.
    Cool! Lets get thoughts together with Marshall, k? Im all for no flakiness and happy to see someone willing to reduce the flakiness.
    Len

Damn Yankee

My running is worthless lately, but once the 70 hours weeks at work subside I'll be getting back on track. I miss running everyday, and I'm getting tired of our evacuees. Email heading your way modal.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

I was looking at the results page, and there was a team last year called "Tight butts and sweaty nuts". Big grin

Non ducor, duco.

Okay people! Lets get this thing going. Anyone? What is our commit date?
          Len

Damn Yankee

I agree with Modal about no refunds after about Dec. 31. How many interested runners do we currently have?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

How many interested runners do we currently have?
              8 Here's the current list andahuff + 2 friends (I think?) Bonkin Len MBK (email hasn't confirmed/committed just yet) mississippi modal
              Anyone? What is our commit date?
              December 31st. I would like to have a team of 12 by end of November, 2008. This gives us better time frame to work things out and answer questions like --> How are all the team members going to get to Gonzales, TX! Please consider putting a link to this thread in your signature. MTA: Bonkin said tentatively in.

Vim

AroundTheHorn

Interested. I'll have to check my schedule.
                Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

Non ducor, duco.

Interested. I'll have to check my schedule.
                  So, how long can it take to check your schedule, huh?huh?

Non ducor, duco.

8 Here's the current list andahuff + 2 friends (I think?) Bonkin Len MBK (email hasn't confirmed/committed just yet) mississippi modal December 31st. I would like to have a team of 12 by end of November, 2008. This gives us better time frame to work things out and answer questions like --> How are all the team members going to get to Gonzales, TX! Please consider putting a link to this thread in your signature. MTA: Bonkin said tentatively in.
                    Can we consider other questions as well....you know important stuff like who is bringing beer?
                    Len

Damn Yankee

Rest assured that I may forget anything and everything with the sole exception of beer.

Rest assured that I may forget anything and everything with the sole exception of beer.
                        Len, did you receive either of the emails I sent you?

Vim

Len

Damn Yankee

No, I'm sending you another email now.

AroundTheHorn

So, how long can it take to check your schedule, huh?huh?
                            LOL, I am a very busy man. I might be going to an Ironman in California at that time hence the schedule comment. I don't think I will be quite ready for the ironman so in that case I would definitely be down to attend. I should know within the next month (injured the foot so I've been out a couple weeks, hopping along slowly).
                            Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

Forever Learning

I picked the wrong time to move from TX Wink
                                I picked the wrong time to move from TX Wink
                                Can't you move back? Or at least pay it a visit? Big grin

Michelle