Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

Holy shit, this could get interesting real quick. Tim, do you HAVE to have 8 runners?
    We do not have to have 8 runners. I'll need to contact Jay (TIR_RD) with any pace adjustments. Todd, Is it your left or right hamstring/knee?

Vim

AroundTheHorn

I need to do some recalculation assuming both of you guys (Jeff/Todd) out. Cry
      Barring any serious damage shown from the MRI, I plan on seeing this thing out.....
      Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
      AroundTheHorn

We do not have to have 8 runners. I'll need to contact Jay (TIR_RD) with any pace adjustments. Todd, Is it your left or right hamstring/knee?
        Left knee
          I think I am going to send in an adjusted team pace of ~8:30 min/mile.

Vim

This is what worries me most. On a couple of days when the temps were above 60, I totally felt drained after my 10 milers in partial shade. Can't imagine running in the full Texas sun at 81 degrees.
              This is what worries me most. On a couple of days when the temps were above 60, I totally felt drained after my 10 milers in partial shade. Can't imagine running in the full Texas sun at 81 degrees.
              (I'm not fond of 80s, just have to be well hydrated.) We can shave off minutes by using the Biggest Loser marathoning technique. Big grin

Vim

Non ducor, duco.

You guys better man-up if you are going to run with me.
                obsessor

Barring any serious damage shown from the MRI, I plan on seeing this thing out.....
                  dude.
                  obsessor

What does this mean? Exactly? Ok, I was thinking of bailing, because honestly, I am a little lazy, and fat, and I like drinking beer. These are serious impediments. I am afraid this could show up on an x-ray. Or whatever. And a doctor once told me so.
                    obsessor

I think I am going to send in an adjusted team pace of ~8:30 min/mile.
                      Please make my pace faster. This is ideal weather for running fast.
                        We are all probably just looking for excuses now, well maybe everyone except you and Jeff.
                        mikeymike

We are all probably just looking for excuses now, well maybe everyone except you and Jeff.
                          The contrast between scovill with a broken foot (a bona fide break from blunt trauma and not some pansy assed stress fracture) still considering giving it a go and the rest of you fretting over some warm temps in southern Texas is quite stark. But hey I couldn't even man up and abandon my family for a weekend so who am I to criticize.

Runners run

Hey, I owned up to the fact that I was just whining. Lot more whining to come when we have to run at 3 AM when we just want to curl up and die. I blame it on the state where I live, wehere we get a holiday if there is a hint of snow on the ground, and heat warnings advising against exercise when it gets above 90.
                            AroundTheHorn

Sweet, it's only missing cartilage! Bring this shit on....
                                Please make my pace faster. This is ideal weather for running fast.
                                are'nt you from MN??? Ran in 33 deg last week...THAT felt like ideal running conditions!!