Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

Hi Folks ... My running buddy, Michelle (Mississippi, I think) , got me into this, though I was the Captain of a 6x6 Ultra relay team in Vermont last summer. I'm probably the old man of the group, but I can hold my own. Feel free to head over to http://iraman.yermish.com to see my crazy race schedule. I look forward to making new friends as I have done in races around the world. Ira
      I'm probably the old man of the group, but I can hold my own.
      There you are! Hey old man, I have a request...can you stop beating me in races!?! Big grin <------ means that i'm kidding btw - my legs are still a little sore from sunday's run. i hate hills, have i mentioned that? means="" that="" i'm="" kidding="" btw="" -="" my="" legs="" are="" still="" a="" little="" sore="" from="" sunday's="" run.="" i="" hate="" hills,="" have="" i="" mentioned="" that?=""></------ means that i'm kidding btw - my legs are still a little sore from sunday's run. i hate hills, have i mentioned that? >

Michelle

Non ducor, duco.

Hi Ira! I had fun looking at all the places you have been in your blog. What an amazing journey you have been on! I hope none of it will compare to lovely Gonzales,Texas. Big grin Look forward to meeting you. Whip Mississippi in shape for us, okay?
        AroundTheHorn

<---definitely going to have to step his game up. going="" to="" have="" to="" step="" his="" game=""></---definitely going to have to step his game up.>
          Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
          obsessor

<---definitely going="" to="" have="" to="" step="" his="" game=""></---definitely>
            Nah - no pressure, all fun. Just remember - everyone's depending on YOU! (and no pressure.)
              Hi Ira! I had fun looking at all the places you have been in your blog. What an amazing journey you have been on! I hope none of it will compare to lovely Gonzales,Texas. Big grin Look forward to meeting you. Whip Mississippi in shape for us, okay?
              Thanks! ... As you can see from her post, we pushed each other pretty good this weekend. That's what friends are for. I have fond memories of a Half Ironman in Galveston (it was sad to see the destruction from the Hurricane) which got me into a couple of other great races. I'll be doing the Houston Marathon in January. If anyone in this crew is doing that race, it would be great to meet you there.
                By the way ... I'm working on forming a 6x6 Ultramarathon Relay team for August 2009 in Colorado. http://www.wildwestrelay.com/ If you are interested in participating in this event where you get no sleep for 30 hours, please let me know! I'll create a separate thread later on. You can contact me directly at ira@yermish.com

Forever Learning

Ira, I am running Houston and still kicking around the idea of this TIR. Looking at your race schedule is very impressive - Long Course Worlds Shocked
                    Ira, I am running Houston and still kicking around the idea of this TIR. Looking at your race schedule is very impressive - Long Course Worlds Shocked
                    When you get to be my age, getting into these events gets easier Big grin ...

Forever Learning

Ira, Impressive nonetheless...
                        I am running Houston and still kicking around the idea of this TIR.
                        Have you given anymore thought to TIR? Smile

Michelle

Forever Learning

Yes I have - I am about 75% in. It seems we need a few more folks to commit for a 12 person team. I am hoping to find out if anyone else is flying into Houston. I could grab a van there to use for the event?!? I have frequent flier miles to burn Big grin
                            Yes I have - I am about 75% in. It seems we need a few more folks to commit for a 12 person team. I am hoping to find out if anyone else is flying into Houston. I could grab a van there to use for the event?!? I have frequent flier miles to burn Big grin
                            Well I hope you get that 25% to get you to a final answer of yes! I'm not sure how many more we need, there are quite a few Swamp folks who are considering joining in on the fun. I don't have my plans set in stone yet. I need to figure out if I'm visiting with family while I'm there, and if so, when and how. I believe that that Anda and Candice and I will getting a place to crash on Friday night. Other than that, I have no idea what I'm doing! I wish I had frequent flyer miles to use!

Michelle

AroundTheHorn

Interesting...are all the hotels going to be booked in that area friday night? Shall I plan on sleeping on the side of the road?
                              Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
                                Interesting...are all the hotels going to be booked in that area friday night? Shall I plan on sleeping on the side of the road?
                                I haven't looked, Anda is checking things out. I guess we need to find out what everyone is doing.

Michelle