Cool Running...Just Left! (Read 3219 times)

this is why I run....

Coolrunning.com served me well for about a year, but I have to say I'm glad they forced me to look for an alternative. This site is much better in my opinion. Thanks, coolrunning!
    Smile I totally agree! this site is way better than Cool
    eager runner

Smile another transplant, it is so weird that I felted so betrayed and lost in something that I basically used as a running log and glad I found a new home

Beatin' on the Rock

Well if you're a healthy weight when you start running, running may not make you lose weight. If you are overweight when you start running, running DOES cause you to lose weight.
        Ummm, first-hand knowledge: NOPE! Former CR member here, of the same name. (Mostly lurker, after my sensitive wittle self got my wittle feelings hurt by a nasty CR Troll) and, hence, I am VERY glad to be here. Big grin This site truly has such a great feel! I just ~know~ I won't get bit here. Unless one of those nasty beer thread guys over at CR figure out who I am.... Honestly, I wish I had the strength a year ago to wander away from LongRunNick's aura... separate my psyche from FigBash's tantric tales... I could've had a running log worth reflecting on. I started a log this week. Thanks, RA regulars, for letting us in.
        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Beatin' on the Rock

Hey Joe- I took a look at your profile and saw that you're from Bricktown. I live in Texas now, but I was born and raised in Bricktown (till 5th grade) then Toms River. Any chance I can get you to mail me some pork roll and a couple of things from Mulberry Street?
          Vacationed in Bricktown for a couple years, out of MD. Wonderful summers... HOw 'bout some vinegar for those fries?
          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          Vally

Glad to have you over here. You should know that LRN and Figbash are here as well. Stay and be a part of this. Let's not make anythng hostile. We are all here b/ we love to run and we love the sense of community and support.
              Another CR (mostly lurker/rarely posted) immigrant here. I also used it mostly for the running log, ..haven't tried yet to import my training (marathon on 1/20) log. Looking forward to hanging out around here.
              Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
              dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Echoing most of the previous: just signed up here. I tried to stick it out for a few days at CR, but the interface didn't seem like an upgrade so much as a redesign. Still no search function, slower than a glacier race, entry dates not showing up. This site took me about 25 seconds to log in, customize, and post to. Glad to be here!
                Steve Boyett
                Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
                Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
                Area Man

Add me to the list. I used the CR Log since 2001. The Active one just doesn't work for me. I can't complain because everything was free. But it was a real PITA to switch (and lose some data in the process). Glad to be here now!
                    Me, too. I'm done with the Active attempt, too aggravating. I was flobaby on CR, posted most in the Basic Training board. As I mentioned in the CR thread in Running 101, I'm trying to give up forums but that's harder than giving up crack, so here I am.
                    PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Is there anybody out there?
                        Count me in as a CR refugee!!!
                        Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

CO Christian

Yet another former CR logger joins RA. Just stumbled across this site and immedately set everything up to start tracking for 2008! Big grin
                          NitaLyn

I LOVE this site! I liked coolrunning, but this is even BETTER! Thanks so much, Eric, for doing this for all of us! Nita
                              Another one bites the dust. I've transferred all of my data here. Thanks for the site and the welcome!

Another Passion

Just a friendly bit for CR transfers, you can make your profile public by checking the top box on your Profile page which will allow us all to get more easily acquainted with you. Welcome everyone and Happy New Year! Hope you have found a comfortable logging and posting home here on RA. Wink

Rick
                                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                                runningforcassy.blogspot.com