Cool Running...Just Left! (Read 3219 times)

Scout7

ok, I'll hazard a 2nd question. No age group groups here? Not trying to change the place.) Cheers, Craig
    Hmmm.... I guess no one ever wanted to start one. We do mileage groups (sort of), and we do locations, and common interests.

flatland mountaineer

Another refugee. Already feels like home.
      Me too CR refugee. Also Husker from Ogalalla area, and you?

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Lazy idiot

Yeah, and also, Drew is a compulsive liar so don't listen to a word he says. And Jeff is a Hippie and will try to convert you to his cult if you let him get talking. This place is not as nice and safe as it seems, is all I'm saying.
        Runners have compulsive personalities, what can I say? (Please don't look at my log... you'd wonder why I'm here). And if you think Jeff's cult is bad (who in the 2k swamp besides Scout isn't a member?), I highly recommend you ignore all references to flying monkeys. That topic is a black hole.

Tick tock

Another Passion

Your log looks disturbing similar to mine in terms of mileage over the summer (light), improving into the fall. I think I've found a home Shy Now that I've looked at your profile, it is downright creepy. Same current and goal weight. Both of us have two daughters (mine are much younger). Also a Christian. Are you thinking of running a marathon?
          HA! I just noticed also in your avatar pic (if that is you), you are running in dark (black) shorts and a light blue t-shirt. Look at my running pic in my Profile! (Begins humming the Twilight Zone theme) Shocked

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

Eric did an unbelievable job with the import of my running log. Hopefully everyone who moves over here donates a couple of bucks. He absolutely deserves it.
            Absolutely! A heads up for all the new CR transfers/immigrants, Eric does this all on his own out of his love of running and being an incomparable techie. I just put my money where my mouth is (finally) btw as I am SO grateful for this site and all the work Eric does and hope that you all will consider supporting Eric and the site as well so that it does not turn into the nightmare that occurred over at CR. Besides, it's Christmas-time, a time for giving. Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

one of them made it (me) and its been posted on the active forum you are over here.
              Hey r2farm, I grew up on a farm in Eastern Nebraska and our family has one of those also. Went to med school and moved to the city though.
              TexasRose

Another CR refugee, happy to see the friendliness on this forum. Smile

Dave

HA! I just noticed also in your avatar pic (if that is you), you are running in dark (black) shorts and a light blue t-shirt. Look at my running pic in my Profile! (Begins humming the Twilight Zone theme) Shocked
                  That pic was from the USMC marathon in October. Probably about mile 17 or so. Really great race. Very funny about all the similarities. Funny that April was a dead month for both of us. I also didn't stick with it over the summer and had some weak months. I was travelling a lot in April and transitioning jobs over the summer. I went ahead and updated my profile to reveal that, ironically, we are the same age exactly. Wish I were as tall as you though Undecided If you reach your goal weight you're going to look pretty scrawny Big grin It's possible I'll be moving to Detroit area in about 18 months. There are some jobs I'd rather have in other locations though. We'll see...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Welcome to the all the new folks Smile
                    2009: BQ?
                    celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Another refugee here (was clvanacore), mostly posted in the newbies forum there as I've only been running since August. Luckily, all my training is on mapmyrun.com, so I haven't lost anything, although I may start logging my runs here in 2008. I will freely admit I came here as this is where Long Run Nick went. Consider me one of your followers. Cool

Chris
                      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Ack! Stupid work computer laged and posted twice on me. Sorry! No

Chris
                        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

hi econo and pro. pro is typing carefully, must want to make a good first impression. testing the waters here too... you guys don't bite, do you? bark? how about growl or snarl?
                          Scout7

you guys don't bite, do you?
                            Only if asked nicely.

Outside Lane

I am another poor CR refugee. Do I hear Tom Petty playing in the background? Smile

See how they run...

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Me too CR refugee. Also Husker from Ogalalla area, and you?
                                Heyr2farm, I didn't know you were from 'O' town!!! I drive by there when I go visit my daughter in Lincoln. She's a senior at UNL. And oh yeah! I'm another CR refugee!!!