Cool Running...Just Left! (Read 3219 times)

Another refugee here--I had pretty much just gotten started at CR, I didn't post much at all, but loved the great advice I got from reading the boards. I'm loving RunningAHEAD and looking forward to a long, happy stay! Smile

#artbydmcbride

There's room for more than one good site for runners to meet and it's nice to have found this one. I don't consider myself to be a refugee though. I'll continue to post at the new Active version of CR and also at Kickrunners. It's all good. Smile
      Jim24315, click up above on user groups and come see Masters running. Smile

Runners run

Hawt and sexy

Wow. I never checked in, but gee there are a ton of us here.

I'm touching your pants.

Another CR refugee here!!!
          wbudde

Geez - I had been using CR to log my runs for a couple years now and I never even knew there was a forum over there Confused It looks like I was really missing out. After a couple hours last night trying to figure out how in the world to use Active and getting more frustrated as I went, I went googling for an alternative and wound up here. I have to say, the log is fantastic, and uploading my history from CR myself was a breeze. And, I guess I should start to read the forums, too. Big grin
              I must agree the features are easy to use, even for a computer moron like me. I have opened up my profile and log to the public, as seems to be the custom here, though it felt a bit weird at first Smile I used to keep my log in a notebook but have transcribed a month or so, and will try to keep it accurately in the new year, graph and all. Couple of questions: 1) How do you guys do avatars? 2) I had some kind of toolbar for the log graph, but only clicked on the green box for easy, how do I get back in to add more choices (not all my runs are easy!)? Thanks, Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Been here for 2 weeks or so and love the site, log, community, and groups. Transition was seamless. Thanks!

The Jogger

Glad to find this place.
                    So far I am loving it here!! Thank you so much for taking us in!!

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

lawkota

Another CR transplant here - am very thankful to have found this place.
                      btb1490

We are thankful to have you all!

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Cool runner transplant here .......

left-right-left-right-repeat

I'm a CR transplant too!!!!! I never knew this site was here, it seems comparable. I was never a big poster but did like to log my miles. I just started running in 2006 (I'm 48!!!) and last week went over 600 miles for the year. If you'd told me 5 yrs ago that I would log over 600 miles in one year I would have said you were crazy but I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm glad someone suggested this site because active.com was frustrating me. I'll be lurking here, gaining information from everyone's posts. Have a happy New Year and happy running!!!
                            Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>
                              Coolrunning.com served me well for about a year, but I have to say I'm glad they forced me to look for an alternative. This site is much better in my opinion. Thanks, coolrunning!
                              btb1490

I'm a CR transplant too!!!!! I never knew this site was here, it seems comparable. I was never a big poster but did like to log my miles. I just started running in 2006 (I'm 48!!!) and last week went over 600 miles for the year. If you'd told me 5 yrs ago that I would log over 600 miles in one year I would have said you were crazy but I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm glad someone suggested this site because active.com was frustrating me. I'll be lurking here, gaining information from everyone's posts. Have a happy New Year and happy running!!!
                                Running kinda gets under your skin, doesn't it? Congrats on the mileage totals! Don't just be a lurker, everyone can learn from everyone, no matter what their abilities.