NYC Marathon 2012 (Read 844 times)

Okay, now, my bad for really not keying into the whole process.  

But, when you are entered for, say, 2010, and you don't "win" do you have to keep "re-applying?" Or do you automatically go into the pool for the next year until you get picked?

You had to reaaply every year and pay the application fee.  So basically I paid $44 for the privelege of paying $250+ to run NYC.

Why did I think it was 160? 250!  2....5...0?

I think that's the tipping point, after which I'd get over it and deploy the charity option. NNNNNNNNTTAWWT. 

MTA: Way past the tipping point.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I think the $160 figure is for NYRR members, could be wrong though.

#artbydmcbride

Whoohoo the guaranteed qualifying times for women 65-69 just got lots easier.     Now all I have to do is wait.....and wait..Cool

Runners run

Looks like Ryan Hall will be there...I think he paid $250.

seanster

ME

Got an automatic based on being rejected 3x... now I have the right to pay a load of money to elbow people for the first half.  Nah, sure it will be a blast Smile.

§ SIGNATURE§

Well this sucks Sounds like I might the ONLY person on RA that DIDN'T get in! Sad

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

tomatolover

Well this sucks Sounds like I might the ONLY person on RA that DIDN'T get in! Sad

nope- second rejection for me.....

It's the only lottery I know with such messed up costs and benefits

a) $11 to enter

b) a "win" means yer out $250 and, in my case, get the opportunity to push yerself to pain & exhaustion and lose the ability to walk right for a week

maybe if yer lucky, you'll even shit yourself! 

Thats one fucked up cost benefit ratio.

And yes, I'll be re-applying next year.

Marathon Maniac #3309

a) $11 to enter

b) a "win" means yer out $250 and, in my case, get the opportunity to push yerself to pain & exhaustion and lose the ability to walk right for a week

thanks for the smile this morning  Smile

Normally any race I do - and when it's tough at some point - someone will say....and we PAY to go through this misery. Seems funny afterwards, but true going through the painful part of a race.   

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

a) $11 to enter

Those Powerball ticket buyers are so math-challenged.  Now, where do I register for NYC marathon?

Kalsarikännit

a) $11 to enter

Roxbury (Conn) Marathon.  1 month 6 days after NY.  87 miles away.  $10, handed to the RD the morning of the race.  For that ten bucks you get to push (and possibly shit) yourself.  There are no spectators to tell you that you are almost there at mile 14, but I bet you can hire one for under $240.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Roxbury (Conn) Marathon.  1 month 6 days after NY.  87 miles away.  $10, handed to the RD the morning of the race.  For that ten bucks you get to push (and possibly shit) yourself.  There are no spectators to tell you that you are almost there at mile 14, but I bet you can hire one for under $240.

NJ Trail Series, Mountain Madness, 1 month 6 days before NY.  $75 bucks. For that, you get an odd-ball, but competent, RD and a few more miles to go before you sleep, a few more miles to go before...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

This thread made me shit myself.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'll stand at the first right turn just after the start, and cheer you on every one of the five times you pass me for a lot less than that.  And I won't tell you you're almost there at mile 14.  You might beat me for saying it next time you come around. 

Yes, I'm in!  I won the lottery this year (after rejections in 2011 and 2010).

So yeah, OK, it's $250, but that's all expenses - travel, hotel, meals, tickets to Cats.  Right?