Quite Possibly the most Eye Opening Six Minutes Ever on Film (Read 299 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

MAN I wish I had remember that when I was sitting in my long, boring ass USATF certification and one of the "instructors" went on a diatribe about how no professional athlete could be vegan and challenged anyone in the audience to come up with one.  A few people tossed out names after some frantic smartphone googling but then I think the guy changed his tune to no "female" athlete.  It was weird and totally unrelated to the real excitement of the day, which I think was the rules around shot put.

Scott Jurek - vegan.  Might have won Badwater, Western States 100 and a few other cake walks.

MTA: Guess there's enough of these freaks of nature to have their own website.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

ultramarathon/triathlete

Scott Jurek - vegan.  Might have won Badwater, Western States 100 and a few other cake walks.

MTA: Guess there's enough of these freaks of nature to have their own website.

I did mention his name and got blank stares.  Stellar team over in USATF instructor-land, apparently.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

I did mention his name and got blank stares.  Stellar team over in USATF instructor-land, apparently.

Ask them if they've heard of Carl Lewis.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Mysecondnewname

http://www.minds.com/blog/view/201538/quite-possibly-the-most-eye-opening-six-minutes-ever-on-film

It is about meat production.

I thought the video was more like an indictment against gluttony..  (Gotta' love Costco.)

The caption with the video said something about how after you watched it, you'd have a feeling of "emptiness" inside.

Actually, after watching that, I felt strangely full...

GC100k

Ask them if they've heard of Carl Lewis.

My son is a vegan decathlete.  I wish he'd eat meat, though, it'd be a lot easier when he's home.  I point out that he doesn't have access to the doctors and PEDs and nutritionists that Carl Lewis and the pros have.  He doesn't even take supplements.  A couple of his sisters are vegans too - a big hassle.

Years ago there was a commercial for something where a kid said "Bill Walton was vegetarian" and the dad responded "ya, but he got weak and his bones broke".

btw, pointing out that it can be done does not prove it's superior.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I missed the eye opening part.

Unless, of course, you don't count the woman loading the warehouse shopping club cart with ten (10!) 36 packs of toilet paper (starting around 4:50 if you're curious).  I'm hoping she was buying for an office or church or something.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

I thought the video was more like an indictment against gluttony..  (Gotta' love Costco.)

I agree, the face stuffing at the end was the most disturbing part.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time