Divorce = Goodbye Treadmill (Read 922 times)

Hi all, Some of you may have seen some posts I made previously about me going through the big "D". Well, I have good news. I found a place here, in MD (Annapolis) that I can afford on my current salary! Wahoo! But, it's small. I mean way, way small. So, I won't be bringing the old treadmill with me. Ya know, I've had that sucker for about 9 years. It's been good to me. I hate it, and never really used it for running much, but would use it on my " off days" with arm weights and just to warm up, etc. Anyway, I'm going to be living right across the street from the Naval Acadamy Stadium, and they have a track around it. And also an awesome neighborhood also. Goodbye country roads, hello normal neighborhoods!!! I will miss my animals out in the country, and my house. But, DH has made it virtually impossible for me to stay there. I go next week to finalize my separation agreement. Nice of him to force me into paying for an attorney, and trying to force us to sell our house in this market. He's trying to screw me big time. But I am ready to move on, and can't wait to be back in Annapolis. Great running. Plus I have a bunch of friends there, and won't have to drive 20 miles on dark country roads after drinking anymore. I can take a cab!!! Well, I am so happy to find a place. Too bad I can't bring all my stuff. But, I can't stay in that huge house by myself with him creeping around. Never knowing if "shes" been there. That type of thing.. Very odd situation. If anyone wants a treadmill, come on over and pick it up, free. Its an oldie, sears pro form, but it works great.

- Anya

AroundTheHorn

Congrats on putting out the trash(in both regards....)
      Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
        I'm glad to hear that you've found a new place, even if it means saying goodbye to the Dreadmill! Smile

Michelle

Thanks guys. As much as I hate that thing, when it's really crappy outside, or if you only have 20 minutes or so, it does come in handy. I paid $800 bucks for it back in the day, got my money's worth !

- Anya

Anya: Sorry to hear that it had to happen that way. However you poke it, it ain't easy to go through it. Hang in there and hope running would help and give you sense of freedom and "strength". Good luck!

The voice of mile 18

you're moving on to better things. take care

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Frank4

I had never run much in my teen or early adult years...little spurts of it now and then for a couple of weeks at a time, but nothing steady. Then, after I went through the big "D" a few years back, running was something that kind of helped me through. I turned to it, almost medicinally. It got my mind off some of the negative things, focused on better things, and kept me in shape to boot. Three years and a bunch of races later, I'm still running and thankful I rediscovered how enjoyable it can be. Best of luck to you, and congrats on finding the new place.
                  Anya We'll all have to hook up in the DC area and go for a run. Troy
                  Happy Running,
                  Troy
                  "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

PDoe

"But I am ready to move on, " Congrats on this huge hurdle. Sorry it had to happen to you.
                      Anya We'll all have to hook up in the DC area and go for a run. Troy
                      Oh, for sure. Can't wait to do some more serious running. thanks everyone. You know, it really helps to vent.

- Anya

Bugs

Good luck to you. Living across the Naval Acadamy and all of its luxuries doesn't sound so bad. Wink I'd probably throw out my couch and keep the TM.

Bugs