Garmin 205/305 (Read 504 times)

When using a Garmin, does it give you your average pace while you are running??

If you use it on a training run (or race for that matter) do you know your specific minutes per mile??

Never used one, but SANTA said I could have one for X-MAS..........

Champions are made when no one is watching

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes.

It can give you your pace over the past few seconds (very unreliable), your pace over the current lap/kilometer/mile (more accurate) and your overall pace for the entire run (very accurate, but not very helpful for long runs).

Thanks Trent.........I figured this was the case, but wanted to be sure before I buy one.........

In races I always go out WAY too fast...so this is something that might keep me in check for the first mile or two ...

And Im tired of the same ole circles from my training runs so with this i can just head out but still know how far I have run....

an amazing likeness

To help you with managing your race pace John, you can set it to give you average pace over the last km or mile, as well as overall since start of the race.  So you're getting two pace references: last mile and average since race start.  This lets you see if your pace trend at that point, as well as overall for the race. 

For races, I have it display 3 fields: Average (overall) pace, last mile pace, time.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Perfect Andy --- I think this is pretty much how I will set one for races.......I know my splits are crazy because I start too fast (feels OK - but still isn't).........so this is specifically how I would want to use one in a race....

I just sent an order to the North Pole (is that where Amazon.com is???)