Define: food (Read 975 times)

Prince of Fatness

Make your mashed potatoes with the roasted pumpkin mixed in. And lots of butter. Just sayin.
    Well I do still have a few potatoes left from this year's harvest, so let me give that some thought.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

Pumpkin muffins!!

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well I do still have a few potatoes left from this year's harvest, so let me give that some thought.
        You can always throw the roasted pumpkin into the compost if this does not work. Pumpkin muffins are great. So too is chocolate pumpkin bread.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

chocolate pumpkin bread.
          Pumpkin Grudgematch 1 c. all-purpose flour 1/3 cup cocoa 1 t baking soda 1/2 t. salt 1 tbs mixed homemade pumpkin pie spice Sift above ingredients together 2 large eggs 1/2 cup turbinado or brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 3/4 c. vegetable oil (such as canola) 1 Tbs. vanilla extract Whisk liquid ingredients together 1 1/2 cups baked and pureed pumpkin, drained 1/2 c. walnuts, 1/2 c. chocolate chips Place in a bowl. Make a well. Add combined liquid ingredients. Gently fold to barely moisten all of the dry ingredients. Fold in tenderizers (zucch, nuts, chips). Pan up in a greased and floured 9" tube pan, 9" round or 9" square. A loaf could be used too, but baking time will lengthen. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 45-50 minutes.

Why is it sideways?

Trent has a thing for tubers.

Lazy idiot

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Tick tock

pitrunner

Pumpkin Grudgematch 1 c. all-purpose flour 1/3 cup cocoa 1 t baking soda 1/2 t. salt 1 tbs mixed homemade pumpkin pie spice Sift above ingredients together 2 large eggs 1/2 cup turbinado or brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 3/4 c. vegetable oil (such as canola) 1 Tbs. vanilla extract Whisk liquid ingredients together 1 1/2 cups baked and pureed pumpkin, drained 1/2 c. walnuts, 1/2 c. chocolate chips Place in a bowl. Make a well. Add combined liquid ingredients. Gently fold to barely moisten all of the dry ingredients. Fold in tenderizers (zucch, nuts, chips). Pan up in a greased and floured 9" tube pan, 9" round or 9" square. A loaf could be used too, but baking time will lengthen. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 45-50 minutes.
                This sounds awesome...I must try it. I'm with Zoomy - I like anything pumpkin...'cept pie.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pumpkins are not tubers. Pumpkins are fruit.

Why is it sideways?

Pumpkins are not tubers. Pumpkins are fruit.
                    Yeah I know. Wait. Fruit? I'd call it a squash. None of this changes the fact, however, that you have a thing for tubers.

Prince of Fatness

None of this changes the fact, however, that you have a thing for tubers.
                      Wait, potatoes are tubers. Now I'm worried.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait. Fruit? I'd call it a squash.
                        Sure. Gala apples are a sub-subclass of the class fruit. And therefore, they are simultaneously fruit and apples. Pumpkin is_a squash is_a fruit.
                        xor

Apples make crappy jack o lanterns, though. Even honeycrisps.

Why is it sideways?

Sure. Gala apples are a sub-subclass of the class fruit. And therefore, they are simultaneously fruit and apples. Pumpkin is_a squash is_a fruit.
                            I am reminded of the fact that you are someone whose professional life involves building and criticizing systems of categories.
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am reminded of the fact that you are someone whose professional life involves building and criticizing systems of categories.
                              Perhaps. But it is also true that apples make crappy jack-o-lanterns. Even on Christmas.

Why is it sideways?

Perhaps. But it is also true that apples make crappy jack-o-lanterns. Even on Christmas.
                                I see what you did there.