The new log is here! (Read 7547 times)

Thank you so much for all the effort and time you put into maintaining this site. It truly is great!

Junior Amphibian

Is there a way to keep the old design? I liked it much better. The new one looks has many unnecessary fields, such as Field Placements and Intervals which should be optional. And the chart looks kinda ugly, especially with that www.dotnetcharting.com scrawled all over it.

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And the chart looks kinda ugly, especially with that www.dotnetcharting.com scrawled all over it.
        From the OP:
        As you may know, I use a commercial graphing package to create the charts. The new log uses the latest version of this package but I do not have a license for it, yet. Since we're so close to the New Year, I figure I'll wait until next year to purchase it for tax reasons. Once I obtain the license, the graph will not have the company's name on it anymore.
          Thanks so much for your hard work and attention to detail! You ROCK! Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

jeffdonahue

So far looks great. I am looking forward to finding all the new features. Thanks for all your work Happy New Year
            colinw

Thanks for the new log you worked on. It looks great and I will mess around and check out some of the improvements. Thanks again for all the hard work, this is a great site to have for the running community.

5k PR - 26:27 | 10k PR - ??? | HM PR - 2:09:14

Hugs and kisses to eric and all that, but I do not favor the glass button look on the graph bars. Just sayin', I prefer the solid bars.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Big thanks - I can't wait to explore around a bit. Should be running though....
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Hugs and kisses to eric and all that, but I do not favor the glass button look on the graph bars. Just sayin', I prefer the solid bars.
                    pRed, you're in luck. Eric said he was going to make the old colors available too. If it's not showing up now, I'd guess it'll be visible once he updates the graphics package.

Roads were made for journeys...

http://www.runningahead.com/options/log Click, "Render the graphs with the flat style."

Runners run

http://www.runningahead.com/options/log Click, "Render the graphs with the flat style."
                        Sweeeettt! Thanks.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

jules2

Only snag I've found is that my cycling has vanished, nevermind busy now so I'll look for it tomorrow.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Eric, thanks again for all your hard work. Smile Jilly
                            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                              What's with the graph not displaying run type colors, but only one burnt orange color for all?

Ricky

eric :)

I log all my activities, not just running. But when I went in this morning, I cannot log the other activities. How do I get those back? Plus it not longer shows my statistics for other activities for the year. I liked keeping track of all that and really liked the way your site was set up. I switched to your site this year because my old site changed and made it too difficult to log activities. Why mess with a good thing?
                                jxb103, The new log requires a change in the database layout. I did many dry runs to make sure everything is correct. I've been a programmer for over a decade and I know that no matter how much you prepare, there will always be problems. The only thing I can do is respond to them as they come up, which is why I waited until I'm on vacation to do the upgrade. Technology always marches on. RA needs to be updated constantly in order for it to remain relevant. Although the old log was good, it wasn't perfect for everyone. This release corrects many of the inadequacies. I can safely say that I alone have the greatest interest in seeing the upgrade go smoothly. Having tens of thousands of users screaming at me is not fun, trust me. Thank you everyone for being patient. I will get it right, just be a little patient. renumeratedfrog, The workout entry form is indeed cluttered. The plan is to redo that page to be similar to the summary page so you can customize the forms that you like to see for each workout. The summary page is a proof of concept and it will work well with the workout editor too. eric Smile