2015 NYC Marathon Thread (Read 376 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I wish NYRR would have waited another month to begin registration. Then many of us could have received our tax returns and use some of that money for the registration. I'm going to bring that up at the next  NYRR club council meeting.

It's pricey alright. I'm dreading the hotel cost.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

FWIW, I'm guessing it's ease of finding the result.  After entering my race name in Google, it took me 3 click and no scrolling to find my result.  (Pretty much the only thing on the home page of this race is a link to last year's results and I'm on the leaderboard for female finishers).  It shouldn't have taken them more than 10 seconds 20 seconds.  Edited because I can touch type.  "Hunt and peckers" might have taken longer entering the race name into The Google.

Not so sure; you tend to be at the top of race results, but I was several pages into a pdf.

Julia1971

Not so sure; you tend to be at the top of race results, but I was several pages into a pdf.

How hard/easy was it to find the results, though?  It just doesn't make sense to me that the size of the race would matter.  Especially if they're saying "first come, first served"...  Coincidentally, I'm working on a project where I'm trying to find last year's race results for some races - mostly for larger races in the area.  It hasn't been easy because a lot of races have already moved on to 2015.  When I click on the "Results" link on their website, there's nothing there.  I've had to go to other websites to find last year's results.

Anonymous Guest

My race comes up first on google when I type in the name, then three clicks to get to the results. And I finished third overall, so I'm on the front page of the results, no searching needed. And my NYRR details still says "time verification pending".

I signed up for Houston today, they asked for a race if you wanted to get in the first corral. You gave them the race, your finish time and a link to the results. I don't know why NYRR doesn't do something like that.

Oh well, whatever happens happens. I assume they'll get to me eventually.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Julia1971

My race comes up first on google when I type in the name, then three clicks to get to the results. And I finished third overall, so I'm on the front page of the results, no searching needed. And my NYRR details still says "time verification pending".

I signed up for Houston today, they asked for a race if you wanted to get in the first corral. You gave them the race, your finish time and a link to the results. I don't know why NYRR doesn't do something like that.

Oh well, whatever happens happens. I assume they'll get to me eventually.

Huh.  This is just really odd...  Maybe I just got a fast NYRR worker bee and you got someone ready for the weekend.  Wink   Or, maybe the race size mattered.  (I noticed people on RW forums were speculating about this, as well).  Whatever.  I'm sure you're in.  Start dreaming about your poncho.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Huh.  This is just really odd...  Maybe I just got a fast NYRR worker bee and you got someone ready for the weekend.  Wink   Or, maybe the race size mattered.  (I noticed people on RW forums were speculating about this, as well).  Whatever.  I'm sure you're in.  Start dreaming about your poncho.

Yeah, they must have a battalion of workers whose speed and online search skill levels vary.

Anonymous Guest

I can stop worrying and whining now. I got my email this morning. I'm in!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RunNow

Pretty sure at least part of the first people accepted is based on demographics....if you filled in the whole race, profession, income info at NYRR, it helps if your going to help fill out the diversity of the race. Loads of people who qualified and signed up the first day/first hour have heard nothing yet. "First come/first served" is probably a pretty large load of b.s.or at least a vague guideline.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Pretty sure at least part of the first people accepted is based on demographics....if you filled in the whole race, profession, income info at NYRR, it helps if your going to help fill out the diversity of the race. Loads of people who qualified and signed up the first day/first hour have heard nothing yet. "First come/first served" is probably a pretty large load of b.s.or at least a vague guideline.

I'd guess they don't use race, profession, or income, but they may well use age and location of residence.

YAY!

Also: *SIGH*

xhristopher

I'm doing a bad job looking away from this thread. I want to run NYCM, but not this year. After Boston I'm taking a year off from the dumb distance. I'll be happy when the qualifier spots are gone and my chance to run this is gone.

Meanwhile, I hope all you looneys get in.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm doing a bad job looking away from this thread. I want to run NYCM, but not this year. After Boston I'm taking a year off from the dumb distance. I'll be happy when the qualifier spots are gone and my chance to run this is gone.

Meanwhile, I hope all you looneys get in.

Quick X, time is slipping by...http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

YAY!

Also: *SIGH*

And why are you SIGHing now??

ultramarathon/triathlete

I plan to be there as a pacer again.

Will be my 8th or 9th (or something) NYCM I think.   :-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                              Gatorade Endurance Team

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Submitted my qualifying time information in the first 5 minutes registration was open; still "pending verification." How long can it take? So many others have heard already. C'mon, how many females 60-64 are trying to enter with qualifying times? A lot I bet, but not as many as in the younger age groups. Getting anxious.