The Muscle Factor Model (Read 3142 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Transform the economy from an agricultural based one back to a type of hunter gatherer economy. I wonder how such a thing can be accomplished?
    Intercontinental nuclear war might accomplish your goal...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Intercontinental nuclear war might accomplish your goal...
      What you are suggesting might accomplish extinction on a massive scale, so it is not actually a true solution for the problem. A better idea would be for humans to begin exploring the universe, yes... Big grin
      Rich_

The muscle factor model hits the mainstream

Until now I was the only voice I knew of that was espousing this particular theory (not surprising since I invented it).  Well, as of today there is at least one other voice talking about this theory (thought to be fair this new voice doesn't call it the muscle factor theory or model).

There is  a multi-page article in the newest issueof Running Times magazine titled "Recruite Every Fiber" (Sep 2010 issue, page 54-59).  The article discusses in detail the three main types of muscle fibers (slow, intermediate, and fast), how they work individually and together, how to train each type of fiber, and why training each type of fiber is important.

I particularly liked this quote from the article.  "Understanding muscle fibers allows us to design workouts that target specific fiber types, train them at the correct intensity and for the proper duration, and ensure maximum adaptation."

I think the article is worth reading, whether you believe my theory or not.

Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner

I think the article is worth reading, whether you believe my theory or not.

I enjoyed the article, and think Tom Schwartz really knows his stuff, but what's this "MY THEORY" business? 

Moreover, I don't think any of us should take this information in a vacuum.  He does point out that you develop these fibers while running, not other types of exercises.  Don't dismiss the need for running lots of mileage. 

Rich_

One more thing - nearly 2 years ago, on page 10 of this thread, I wrote this about my theory. "Check back in 10 years from now. Today's "controversial new idea" will be old information that "everyone has known all along".

Wow, it's been just a little less than 2 years since the muscle factor model was introduced and it's already in Running Times.  That's much faster than I ever expected.  Perhaps the cardiovascular/anaerobic model is dying faster than I anticipated.  The next 8 years are going to be interesting.

Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner

Dave

I enjoyed the article, and think Tom Schwartz really knows his stuff, but what's this "MY THEORY" business? 

Ahhh..... Tom, I'd like you to meet Rich.  Rich likes to generate discussion about this theory on running message boards. 

OK, everyone together now.  "HI RICH". 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ahhh..... Tom, I'd like you to meet Rich.  Rich likes to generate discussion about this theory on running message boards. 

OK, everyone together now.  "HI RICH". 

I know...I'm sorry I fell for it. I

Wow, it's been just a little less than 2 years since I made up a dumb name and put it on other people's research and it's already in Running Times.  Yaaay, me!!!!

I know, right?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

xor

One more thing - nearly 2 years ago, on page 10 of this thread, I wrote this about my theory. "Check back in 10 years from now. Today's "controversial new idea" will be old information that "everyone has known all along".

Wow, it's been just a little less than 2 years since the muscle factor model was introduced and it's already in Running Times.  The next 8 years are going to be interesting.

Wow.

You are AMAZING.

I realize you are back looking for the opposite so you can pull the whole "woe is me, I'll show you!" routine.

Folks, how about this time, we all talk about how AMAZING Richard is.

AMAZING.

Seriously, it is the opposite of why he's here, I assure you.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

1. RA

2. Running Times

3. Nobel Prize

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

SRL beat me to it, Yaay RICH.

Clearly the bump is meant in the spirit of "I told you so" and "I want you to think I'm smarter because I wrote about it before too many other people did."

Ignoring that, I have to give Rich credit. His powerrunning site offers a lot of information without making you buy a book or pay for a training plan. It may be true that he wants credit when he can get it, but I can't say the guy isn't trying to contribute to the running community's knowledge base. We just have to hope that it's mostly good information coming out on a consistent basis.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Whoo hoo, Rich!
                            DoppleBock

What is Running Times?

I know Runners' World is a tabloid some poeple read - I have not heard of Running Times - I will have to Google it.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

We must all bow to Tricky Dick for showing us all that no matter who we are and how airheaded we may be sometimes, there is always room to fall.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills