Running Pants for Short Women (Read 102 times)

kdash1228

I did a search on this topic and found something from 2006. Hopefully in 9 years there are more pants for short people Smile

I am looking long pants that are about a 28"-29" seam, as I am 5' short. I have several capri-type pants that I could layer under the long pair of pants, but pants all seem to be way too long. I've checked numerous websites and can't find anything that seems suitable for running.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I'm 4'11" and have tights from Nike and REI that fit great. They make petite lengths. I have a pair of fleece-lined tights from Nike that are a girls large and they are a good fit as well. Brooks also carries tights and pants in different lengths. Winter stuff is starting to go on clearance now, so it's a good time to look. Sites like runningwarehouse.com, athleta.com, rei.com, brooksrunning.com, are good places to look. Discount sites like 6pm.com and sierratradingpost.com are also good.

Also, depending on your build, kids sizes might be an option too, and their stuff is cheaper than the adult stuff. The soccer pants have pockets and are nice to run in because they aren't terribly wide-legged at the bottom.

on my way to badass

If you go to an Athleta store, I think they do free hemming. Pricey, but finding the right tights is priceless (I got polar fleece tights)Wink

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

kdash1228

Thanks everyone! I don't know why I didn't think about trying children's size, since most kids are taller than me anyways!

Has anyone had the windbreaker material pants hemmed? I am getting jeans hemmed and this may also be a great alternative, cheaper way to buying running pants.