Linking map routes together? (Read 881 times)

Burninated Peasant

I'm trying to find an easy way to stick multiple routes into the same workout - I have a limited number of places to go when I run, but I'll often mix them up in different ways. It would be nice to be able to select multiple courses for a single workout, and have the total distances show up in the distance field. I'm not sure how you would do this and keep the new workout entry page clean, though.
    eric :)

tschepsit, This is a tricky problem, and it's something that I won't get to for a while. I'll consider it when I revamp the log component of the site. eric Smile

Burninated Peasant

Thanks. I figured that might be the case, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
          Eric - Any chance that multiple Garmin imported routes could be put together into a single workout? Also, it would be great if the Workout Summary page showed which routes had a map associated with them, too, so I knew which ones I've already imported. Or is that easily found some other way?
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          eric :)

I want to create a workout splitter because I'm tired of doing it manually. When I do that, I'll look into splicing them too.
              Cool. Thanks!
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Craig

Eric, This may be too complicated and would require major changes, but is an idea I had long ago and never submitted. I know that the intervals component already adds complication to the log. What about using the interval component of the log as a way of basically decomposing a run into different run types and run routes? i.e. Each interval segment could be like a separate run with the option of choosing a different run type for each and a different course for each. (Type within intervals could be the user's complete choice of run types, rather than the limited choice of interval types, and choosing a route for each interval component would be an option). For example, entry within the intervals component could be like the following: type dist time pace route Easy 2mi 16:00 8:00/mi Route1 Tempo 4mi 28:00 7:00/mi Route2 Easy 2mi 16:00 8:00/mi Route3 A check box could provide the option to show the entry as one run (8mi run with run type as defined in the main run type field) or as multiple runs summarized by type of the interval segment entries (4mi easy and 4mi tempo).