Running Shorts (Read 2647 times)

A running co-worker of mine, says that she wears Soffe running shorts and find them much more comfortable. They're made of a microfiber material verses nylon like most shorts. She says she's found them at TJ Max's before. The closest one to me is 10 miles away from work and in the opposite direction from where I live. She's going to check it out for me this weekend as she lives a lot closer to it. Hey what the heck, I'm willing to be open minded and give it a shot.
    Sorry, but that is pretty much the ONLY thing I am not open-minded to... that's something I cannot feel comfortable in.
    PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season

Marquess of Utopia

I wouldn't wear "Soffe" shorts, but 100% polyester microfiber shorts are great. But of my college team shorts were like that. I may look into a pair of these: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NBW1287/
        Hey I say why not. Some of the womens shorts aren't any different than the mens. Then again there are some that are pretty skimpy. Pink ones! I'll have to think about that one, but I don't think I would have a problem with that. Karen
        Okay, so I was curious and went to the website and read most of the comments. Seems like quite a few guys were in favor of wearing womens shorts. Guess if you're comfortable with yourself, who cares right. So I've book marked the site and going to go back there and look at some of the links and consider it myself. I'd like to hear from some of the ladies around here and see what you think of it? What would you think of a guy wearing women's shorts? On the other site, there were even a couple of guys who had pink ones. I'm not that brave to wear pink! Larry
        What a beautiful time of the year in New England
          Brad, why is this not open minded to you? Was there something about the brand that you didn't like or is it wearing woman's shorts altogether?
          Sorry, but that is pretty much the ONLY thing I am not open-minded to... that's something I cannot feel comfortable in.
            It's the brand... I wouldn't have brought up the topic in the first place if I weren't open to it. I just wouldn't feel comfortable in Soffe...
            PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
              Brad, have you ever gone to the soffe website? They carry both men's and women's clothing.
              It's the brand... I wouldn't have brought up the topic in the first place if I weren't open to it. I just wouldn't feel comfortable in Soffe...
                I actually have, and I am very aware of that. If I can say one thing about myself, unlike most young people these days, I don't say something unless I actually know what I am talking about (God it kills me debating politics, etc. with my classmates... so uninformed). Although they do sell men's clothing, we all know that it is most prevalently associated with cheerleading (a sport I hate, which does not help in the matter). For some reason, I just could not feel comfortable... I don't really know why. I hope I haven't opened up a whole can of sexist worms or something, but it's just something I wouldn't do...
                  Brad, Thanks for clarifying your reason for not liking the Sofee brand. I understand it now, also shows some insight about you.
                    Oh, I like these, Thanks for sharing.
                      Hey LPH, I checked out your profile, disappointed that there was no photo of you, but impressed on your weight for a middle aged man, that's pretty good. Oh, by the way I also see you're from CT. Do you do any road races. Check out the pictures that were attached in an earlier message, would you wear something as short as those? Karen
                        I thought that the only difference was that men's shorts come with a liner, and women's shorts don't?
                        All of my running shorts have a liner.
                        runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hey LPH, I checked out your profile, disappointed that there was no photo of you, but impressed on your weight for a middle aged man, that's pretty good. Karen
                          5'10' 152 lbs been there( MOST OF MY LIFE) and hope never to go there again. Clowning around NO offense LPH53

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Kiki2, I don't particularly like being in front of the camera, so not many pictures taken of me that I actually like. Middle age, wow, what a compliment. Thanks. As for the weight, thanks again. I was 175 lbs last year (dispite 3 years of running) Did two things, changed my diet and upped my running. Like you and everyone else it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. I checked out your profile and didn't see a picture of you either. I do recognize your zip code though, believe it or not, I grew up in EH, small world huh!. How long have you lived there? As for Road races, yes I run about 2 a month. In fact, I'll be running the EH Firecracker on July 4th or 5th (which ever day it is). How about yourself? So what is it you like in that photo, the shorts or the bodies? Would I wear something as short as that? Let's just say, I could be encouraged to do so. However, I certainly don't look like them. Larry
                            Hey LPH, I checked out your profile, disappointed that there was no photo of you, but impressed on your weight for a middle aged man, that's pretty good. Oh, by the way I also see you're from CT. Do you do any road races. Check out the pictures that were attached in an earlier message, would you wear something as short as those? Karen

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

I take it you didn't like weighing so little! Problem with me, is that I'm very thin to begin with, so all the weight I put on was right in the gut. I've gone from a 35" waist done to 30-31. I've got a little roll of excess fat and skin to get rid of yet, but people really notice the difference in me. So you're happy with more weight, I'm happy with less. To each their own, it all about how you feel right? And I feel great.
                              5'10' 152 lbs been there( MOST OF MY LIFE) and hope never to go there again. Clowning around NO offense LPH53

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Scout7

For the record, Soffe also has a contract with the military, and provides t-shirts and physical fitness uniforms.