Running Shorts (Read 2647 times)

Larry, Really sorry to hear that you won't make to the Riverfest even as a spectator. Cry Sure I'd like to meet someday next week at a track, Tuesday would be a good night for me. I'm not sure where Avon High is, how about Farmington HS, it's right on Rte 4? Cool No,didn't get a run in last night, but ran 3 1/2 miles tonight. I'll resend the email to you, don't understand what happened to it. Take care of that leg. Karen
    What a beautiful time of the year in New England
    TJoseph

I don't think I am a sexist and I am secure in my sexuality, but I would never wear women's shorts. I wouldn't wear a bra or women's panties either. It just doesn't do anything for me. Big grin I usually run in running shorts designed for men, but I have found that swimming trunks with a liner work pretty well too. I am currently coming back from an 8 month layoff and longer shorts seem to work better to prevent chaffing on my fat legs. Tom
        Panties and a bra, wow, that's a whole other discussion. Evil grin Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you so "Against" wearing women's shorts? They might just fit over those self proclaimed fat legs.
        I don't think I am a sexist and I am secure in my sexuality, but I would never wear women's shorts. I wouldn't wear a bra or women's panties either. It just doesn't do anything for me. Big grin I usually run in running shorts designed for men, but I have found that swimming trunks with a liner work pretty well too. I am currently coming back from an 8 month layoff and longer shorts seem to work better to prevent chaffing on my fat legs. Tom
        TJoseph

Panties and a bra, wow, that's a whole other discussion. Evil grin Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you so "Against" wearing women's shorts? They might just fit over those self proclaimed fat legs.
          It just seems wrong. Plus I am sure I would never live it down if my wife and daughter caught me doing that. Tom
          Purdey

Self anointed title

I don't think I am a sexist and I am secure in my sexuality, but I would never wear women's shorts. I wouldn't wear a bra or women's panties either.
            Methinks he doth protest too much.....

Why do you think it's wrong? Tongue To begin with, clothes today are so much more unisex than ever before. Is it wrong that I wear men's jeans? Big grin I don't see the big deal. I like guys that are aventurous, open minded and fun. A number of guys in this post admitted to wearing them. Larry was a real good sport about it and had an open mind and tired it. Even posted a picture for us (with help from some of his friends). Cool It was fun coaxing him to do it Evil grin and a woman co-worker of his even bought the shorts for him, she definitely has no problem with it. Wink Karen
              It just seems wrong. Plus I am sure I would never live it down if my wife and daughter caught me doing that. Tom
                Hi Purdey, nice to see another open minded guy around here. Smile I don't think he protests too much, I just think he has some real deep down dislike for it. But then again, he did go into the post and he did bring up the issue of bras and panties! Roll eyes Maybe he's just homphobic and figures that any guy who would wear woman's shorts must be gay or something. Confused I'll give him credit for one thing, he wasn't critical of those who did, he simply stated his personal feelings on the issue. So how about you, would you or do you have a pair of woman's shorts? Blush Karen Cool
                Methinks he doth protest too much.....
                  speaking of this subject, the new runner's world, which just arrived today, has an article on running skirts. shows a whole bunch of them. fwiw: i've run in a kilt.
                    That sounds like an interesting story. Aren't they made of wool and heavy? So did you run as a true Scottsman or not? Evil grin
                    speaking of this subject, the new runner's world, which just arrived today, has an article on running skirts. shows a whole bunch of them. fwiw: i've run in a kilt.
                      That sounds like an interesting story. Aren't they made of wool and heavy? So did you run as a true Scottsman or not? Evil grin
                      It's not a traditional one. It's a Mountain Hardware hiking/adventure kilt. To keep things from jostling too much, I did wear some support. But all other times, in my four kilts: Always traditional. And technically, I ran as a true Irishman and German.
                        I know what wearing a kilt as an Irishman is, but what wearing one like a German like? Cool Okay, so did I read this right, you have four traditional kilts? Are you in the Masons or Shriners or something? Okay, so you'll wear a kilt, and wear it traditional style, so you're a pretty with it guy and secure with your manhood, so would you wear women's shorts? Remembering that if you go back to the strat of this thread, it was about comfort, style etc. Karen Smile
                          I know what wearing a kilt as an Irishman is, but what wearing one like a German like? Cool Okay, so did I read this right, you have four traditional kilts? Are you in the Masons or Shriners or something? Okay, so you'll wear a kilt, and wear it traditional style, so you're a pretty with it guy and secure with your manhood, so would you wear women's shorts? Remembering that if you go back to the strat of this thread, it was about comfort, style etc. Karen Smile
                          1. I meant: I am Irish and German, not Scottish. 2. I have four kilts, only one of which is "traditional." I meant, I wear them in the "traditional" way. Not a Sriner or Mason, but I did do some mortar patching on my steps the other day. 3. My wife and I often swap our running tights, so, sure.
                            Wow Blush Guess I was off base a little bit, thanks for clearing that up. So does anyone even notice that you wear the wife's tights, or that she wears yours? Do you feel "different" because you're wearing women's tights? Roll eyes Of course not, so what's the big deal? Karen
                              So does anyone even notice that you wear the wife's tights, or that she wears yours? Do you feel "different" because you're wearing women's tights? Roll eyes Of course not, so what's the big deal?
                              Exactly. So many running clothes seem to be gender-neutral anyway. Tis changing though. I've already mentioned the new Runner's World has a piece on skirts.
                                Way to go Dan, glad to have another on board to say what's the big deal. I've got to get the issue of Runner's World and read the article. By the way, took a look at your log, very impressive pace for some pretty long runs. Larry
                                Exactly. So many running clothes seem to be gender-neutral anyway. Tis changing though. I've already mentioned the new Runner's World has a piece on skirts.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"