Running Shorts (Read 2647 times)

Thanks for the compliment. I didn't think the articles were very good, frankly. Just better to look at the pictures of running skirts. Smile
      Rather than look at pictures, I'd rather look at the girls wearing them. I notice more and more women wearing skirts at races. Is it because they're more comfortable or because they know guys like to see them in them? Larry
      Thanks for the compliment. I didn't think the articles were very good, frankly. Just better to look at the pictures of running skirts. Smile

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Indeed. Live is better. As for the increasing popularity, I don't know.
          Now you guys sound like a couple of hound dogs! Roll eyes But it shows that despite what you might wear, you're still red blooded all american males. Big grin (NOT BAD) So Dan, when are we going to get to see a picture of you in your kilt? Wink Larry did the female shorts for us, (still going to work on him to go shorter) Blush Larry, Let me know when you get the issue Runner's World. Karen
          What a beautiful time of the year in New England
            Here's one from an article I wrote a couple years ago http://unclerickysperigrinations.blogspot.com/2006/01/skirting-issue.html scroll down. My first kilt. Pic is from New Year's Eve 2005, I believe. Possibly 2006. If 2005, it was during an extended break between my running lives. If 2006, I resumed running on Jan. 1 and, but for a few iffy months the fall of that year, I've pretty much been going steady since. Either way, I'm a bit fat and possibly a bit loaded. The layout is a bit goofy. My writing starts with: "I did a double take. Was that a guy ... in a skirt?"
              Dnephin, Thanks for the link, very cute. I bet the wife loves it. Wink I'll have to explore more later and follow-up. Karen Smile
                I'm kind of dissappointed, I met with LPH53 yesterday so he could teach me some track workouts and he didn't even wear his new soffee shorts Sad He promised he'd wear them the next, as we're going to meet up again next week for some more track workout. Smile Karen
                  Gee, I didn't mean to dissapoint you. Guess now, I'll have to make sure I wear them next week. So what about you, are you going to get a running skirt as well? Roll eyes
                  I'm kind of dissappointed, I met with LPH53 yesterday so he could teach me some track workouts and he didn't even wear his new soffee shorts Sad He promised he'd wear them the next, as we're going to meet up again next week for some more track workout. Smile Karen

LPH

You had better wear them next week. Evil grin As for the skirt, I didn't promise I'd get one. I want to see the article first. Roll eyes I will do see browsing though. Maybe you should get a kilt like dnephin. Big grin Karen
                    Gee, I didn't mean to dissapoint you. Guess now, I'll have to make sure I wear them next week. So what about you, are you going to get a running skirt as well? Roll eyes
                      Hey, Well you certainly indicated you were going to get a skirt. I'll give you the benefit of doubt for now. Let me know how you make out browsing. So what are you going to do if I don't wear the soffee's? A Kilt! Never wore something like that. I have no problem with being seen in something like that, but don't think I could be as brave as Dnephin and wear it out in everyday circles. Still have picked up Running world, haven't been able to find it. I know my local Walmart 20 minutes form here carries it and I should be going to Home Depot over there, so maybe today! Larry Smile

LPH

What's the big deal, you run around in running gear all the time and shorts most of the summer right? Roll eyes Hey Dnephin, you still around? Tell Larry it's no big deal, I bet you get lots of great comments. Wink Hum, What am I going to do if you don't wear the Soffee's! Roll eyes Evil grin Maybe I'll just bring something else for you to wear? Surprised Have a good one. Smile
                          I don't think it's a big deal, just not something I think I'd feel comfortable in. Remind next time we get together to run (Wed?) and I'll tell you what I wore on halloween one year (when I was quite younger). Right now my soffee's are amonst the missing in the laundry. I'll look again tonight. Sometimes, I think you're a bit devious! Wink Oh by the way, I did pick up the magazine yesterday. Haven't read it yet. Larry
                          What's the big deal, you run around in running gear all the time and shorts most of the summer right? Roll eyes

LPH

Diesel Power

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have question to throw out. I just started using technical running gear last year, so I was hoping someone had more insight on this... I sweat a considerable amount while running. While this isn't a huge issue on most days, it can become a bigger issue during long runs. My shorts are absolutely drenched by the end of the run. I have a few pairs of Nike DriFit (DryFit?) shorts that I use. Does anyone use something else for long runs?
                              Hi from one accountant to another. Smile Karen
                              Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have question to throw out. I just started using technical running gear last year, so I was hoping someone had more insight on this... I sweat a considerable amount while running. While this isn't a huge issue on most days, it can become a bigger issue during long runs. My shorts are absolutely drenched by the end of the run. I have a few pairs of Nike DriFit (DryFit?) shorts that I use. Does anyone use something else for long runs?
                                Me devious, NO Way! Evil grin
                                I don't think it's a big deal, just not something I think I'd feel comfortable in. Remind next time we get together to run (Wed?) and I'll tell you what I wore on halloween one year (when I was quite younger). Sometimes, I think you're a bit devious! Wink Larry