Forrest's got nothing on Tony - running around the globe (Read 3070 times)

The poor kid in that stroller...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

The poor kid in that stroller...

I pushed that stroller for about 20 miles, and it gave me a newfound appreciation for Dick Hoyt pushing Rick.  I would estimate Tony's rig weighs about 75 pounds, and even with a very nice suspension it was a pretty good workout pushing it over rolling New England terrain.  I can't imagine how hard it was to push it over the Rockies on tired legs.

I imagine he'll have to load up on water to make the trek across Mexico, even a relatively minor change like that requires some thought.  The more I think about this trip, the more mind boggling the logistics become.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Tony's still at it, he has now crossed over into South America after 14,024 kilometers in 320 days.  Amazing stuff, run Tony, run!

North America has been conquered

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

And he's the world record holder with 48 hours straight on a treadmill, 251 miles. I can't run a on a treadmill for 48 minutes.