Manners during the race (Read 1391 times)

Gig

Keep an eye out for cameras throughout the race. Practice running poses in the mirror ahead of time.
    sous

Thanks to everyone who gave advice. I really appreciate it. So has anyone out there ever ran the Capitol Hill Classic in DC?
      Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Great timing on this post--I was about to search for items on this very topic. (My first race--a 5k--is in 2 weeks). Thank you for brining up this topic.
        I just ran my first 5K yesterday and it was a blast. The time went by so fast! Those are super helpful things to know. I knew a lot of them ahead of time and it made a huge difference. Even though I was a newbie and by myself, I don't think I looked like a newbie because I had "studied up" in advance.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Also, my "crew" was my mom. When I saw her towards the finish line, I hammed it a little for the great photos. I might have run a little better time had I have not been so glad to ham it up! But it was fun!!!!!! You'll be addicted. Also, asking about the race on RA really helps. You can ask on the forums or in groups. I'm a proud member of LLR and one of the other members, Daisy, lives in the hometown of the race I ran and had ran the same race in previous years. She gave me some clues about the hills, course, etc. and it really helped.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Hey Sous, I hope you had a good race on Sunday. I ran this race last year and this year. It's a pretty good course – generally flat except for the two block hill at about the 5.5 mark. They changed the course slightly this year. Last year the route went a couple of blocks farther west on Independence Ave rather than having that little jog on 3rd St. This is a smaller race and well run with a good bathroom situation. My only complaint is that its a cluster trying to get to the post race refreshments at least when you finish with the slowpokes like me.
              From a long lost post. Not all of its manners, but you'll get the drift:
              Jake, if you are hanging around, were you the original author of the "long lost post"? I would like to archive it on my Running Page, but I don't usually do that without the concurrance of the OP.
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Jake, if you are hanging around, were you the original author of the "long lost post"? I would like to archive it on my Running Page, but I don't usually do that without the concurrance of the OP.
                Jake was the author of that great list, but he's not around online here anymore.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Lazy idiot

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/52c3b882ba0143028fd3e1174ed65694#focus

Tick tock

Thanks guys. I'll try to reach Jake at the email address listed in his profile.