Random thread about randomness (Read 1073 times)

#artbydmcbride

I missed it.  Was it a pic of your frilly panties?

Runners run

bhearn

I missed it.  Was it a pic of your frilly panties?

Yep. Don't be so coy, NrNamtor -- people here are quite tolerant of embarrassing pics, trust me.
      John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Were they running or were they jogging?

If they had earbuds in, they were jogging.  If not, running.  Wink

MrNamtor

No pics of me in my frillies. Just a video of me begging everyone to love me. After thinking about it though, the frilly panty pics might have been less embarrassing.

I was very impressed a few weeks ago when I heard that Stephen Colbert actually trained himself to not feel embarrassment  by doing extremely stupid and silly things in public. As the person who was saying this put it "Can you think of a more worthwhile thing to train yourself in?" So maybe i should repost the vid for this reason alone. Then again, I'm no Stephen Colbert.

MrNamtor

I bet you anything that Purdey comes on here and says something about me needing the opposite kind of training.

Purdey

Self anointed title

No pics of me in my frillies. Just a video of me begging everyone to love me. After thinking about it though, the frilly panty pics might have been less embarrassing.

I was very impressed a few weeks ago when I heard that Stephen Colbert actually trained himself to not feel embarrassment  by doing extremely stupid and silly things in public. As the person who was saying this put it "Can you think of a more worthwhile thing to train yourself in?" So maybe i should repost the vid for this reason alone. Then again, I'm no Stephen Colbert.

I am probably not alone in thinking that you need the opposite kind of training. 

MrNamtor

I am probably not alone in thinking that you need the opposite kind of training. 

See? Now i ask you, is there any such thing as randomness?

Don't try so hard, bud.

Oh snap.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

bhearn

If this is a random thread about randomness, then it's a perfect opportunity to plug my toy random-sentence generator.

xor

I'm old.  "toy" makes me think of army men and hot wheels.

MrNamtor

awesome dude! took a look at your java script code. You could probably hook that bad boy up to some kind of dictionary database instead of the arrays of character strings you have in there and generate some gnarly shizz.

bhearn

Yeah, well, it's pretty crappy code. I just wrote it a while back to help teach myself JavaScript. Problem with hooking it to a dictionary is the lack of necessary semantic and lexical information. Maybe those resources are out there now; I haven't checked in a while. Anyway that's why there are so many adjectives -- you can just grab a big list of adjectives without worrying about how to conjugate, inflect, etc. them.

xor

Conjugation be overrated.

bhearn

BTW adult version is here; Todd Akin-themed version (I was asked for this) is here.

MrNamtor

No, your code is very semantic at least. Anyway crappy code is the standard on the webz. That's what object oriented design is for - so you never have to modify anything (basically because you can't figure the crap out).