Philly Distance Run Sept 20th? (Read 312 times)

Driver, Runner, Bestie

I am thinking about signing up for my 2nd ever Half --- my first is the Indy Mini in May. And I came across the Philly Distance Run in September. From the vast collective experience of all the racers here, is this a fun race? Will it be expected to fill up? I like the sound of it because its a flat course and not really too terribly far from me (Illinois). I think Philly would be a fun city to visit, too. My husband, who is definately not a runner, could see the sites.
    celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I don't remember the race filling, but it is a nice, flat course, lots of support the last 4 miles, and a fun race in general.

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

great race ... great town ... fast flat course ... tons of runners ... caught the Eagles / Steelers game after the race. Great restaurant scene. I will see you there! Cool

2012= under-goaled

I live outside Philadelphia, and I've run the race twice. Great course (flat, fast, scenic), weather is beautiful that time of year, and Philly is always a fun town to visit. Slimbo said it - the restaurant scene is awesome, and getting better. Fun race - do it, do it, do it.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright