Land on Heel, ball of foot or midfoot when Running ? (Read 2419 times)

xor

And, I would assume, a barefoot runner.  Cause dem sandals would hurt.

JimR

Definitely a forefoot striker, but only when he ran on water. Because, you know, he was fast.

yeah, but no finishing kick

dg12,

I wish you wouldn't mangle the quotes so it looks like the Bill Toomy quote was from me since it was not!

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

glutton for punishment

I guess i am a heel striker.  When I look at my race photos during intense efforts i am landing on my heel.   I dont have any problems (right now), so i suppose its working for me.

the pose method looks like its alot easier on your joints, but i dont think i could run that way in an intense racing effort, maybe a laid back long run or something

PRs: 5K - 22:15 May 09 10K - 47:11 feb 09 15K - 1:16 april 09 HM - 1:47 nov 08
          Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I guess i am a heel striker.  When I look at my race photos during intense efforts i am landing on my heel.  

You really can't tell from a photo,  because a photo doesn't show you how the weight is being distributed across the foot as you move through the stride.

Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You really can't tell from a photo,  because a photo doesn't show you how the weight is being distributed across the foot as you move through the stride.

+1

The only way you can tell photographically is through a series of super high-speed shots.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Desmondp

I've done some testing (got my gf to videotape me at different speeeds) and i am definitely a midfoot striker

Imminent Catastrophe

Can't you tell where you're landing?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

wyerock

I prefer a partial-Jesus footstrike.  Instead of "striking" the ground with your heel, float it just a few millimeters above the ground and pivot over this point.  Laypeople all assume your a heel-striker and don't ask you for miracles.  Cushy heel shoes help with the effect so that you can appear to touch the ground.
                    xor

I prefer a Personal Jesus footstrike.

The downside to this is that I have to be pasty white (very hard considering my genetics) and I have to be completely depressing to those around me most of the time.

Some of you older folks will understand that better than others.

^your own personal footstrike?
                        mikeymike

Someone to hear your prayers

Someone who cares

Runners run

xor

I hear you and I care.

It's all I ever wanted.

All I ever needed.

As for poo pooing and David Ortiz: Words are very unnecessary; they can only do harm.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

+1

The only way you can tell photographically is through a series of super high-speed shots.

I take pictures... photographic pictures...

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

As for poo pooing and David Ortiz: Words are very unnecessary...

You poo poo a lot, you must eat a lot of fiber.

Does anyone else find their footstrike changes when they are clenching to hold it in?