Sat/Sun 12/29-30 (Read 548 times)

After 10 hard miles yesterday, today's 5 GA wasn't particularly easy. I had some soreness in my knee that I may need to pay attention to, umm, err, maybe after the first of the year. Good runs, all.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

ice sooner, less worry later lou! 9.5 with 5x1mi intervals. rest decreasing from 2:30 to 2:00, to 1:30, to 1:00 between miles. 6:04 avg. phoenix rock and roll marathon coming up in two weeks.... yikes... zowie... jeepers... golly.... Clowning around
        I'm excited because I've got my first long run tomorrow on my marathon training program I started this week. Just a small 8 miler, but still... Five mile tempo run today.

I finally ran on the mountain side of Bradbury Mountain State Park. (workout) Going up the snow slopes wasn't too bad, but the much gentler incline after 9 miles of running in the snow (and that wasn't packed down at all by the snowmobiles) was much more difficult. Managed to take two diggers, one after another. Snow is soft, though, so no damage.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

Fourteen long today, 5-6 easy tomorrow.

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

8km easy yesterday (saturday). just about to head out for 14-16km today. good luck with the marathon mcsolar
                Fourteen long today, 5-6 easy tomorrow.
                Show off .... Big grin I did 12 with 3.5 of it under a 7:40 pace. I kicked the pace up at mile 7 and ran 7:37, 7:34, and 7:30. I ran the first half of mile 10 @ 7:40 then eased back to about 8:20. My total session was 1:38:24 (8:12) with an average HR of 139.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Okay. So I walk into the CFO's office for an interview, and the guy's got a Boston Marathon 1989 jacket hanging on a hook. Then he shows me a picture of him finishing the Louisville triathalon in 16xx hours. I say "I like the way this interview is going." I took the job. 15 miler in 50 degree weather this afternoon. Did I come to the right cyberplace?
                  TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Joe!!!!!!! Good news on the job thing. Water cooler factory? How's life? Did you run 8M in 60min today? Send me an email,

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

I had a 23 mile group run today in the Stone Mountain Park area. We started with a 5 mile run arond Stone Mountain and then went out through Clarkston and into Avondale Estate mostly using the "Path" where possible. There are six others in my group and we all agreed this run was considerably harder than the 20 miler we did 3 weeks ago. Probably due to the more hills and some uneven sections we ran in the Clarkston area. But we got through it. Took a shower to see where all I was chafed and then a nap. Feel pretty decent tonight.
                      USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
                        Did I come to the right cyberplace?
                        Yup, you can also check out http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum . I bet you'll see a lot of folks there you know. I like to be sociable with the rest of the community and post here as well.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

obiebyke

1.7 miles in 20 min. on the treadmill for me (3 min. run w/ 1 minute rest, except for 4 min. last run). Wasn't well hydrated, so it was a push.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

No running today.... traveling home after visiting the family. Big snow storm.... very surprised (and pleased) that I made it home. Flipping between the Pats game and the Leafs game. Leafs suck so I think I'll stick with the American football. 8.5 miles planned for tomorrow.
                              The last Sunday of 2007 is upon us. I'll head out for 4-5 very easy miles to bring my 2007 running log to a close. My first 2008 race is Tuesday but I'm not expecting a great performance. It's a 5 mile race and I plan to start at about a 6:50 pace but I think I'll fade between 3 & 4. It'll be a good speed session to help me back on track for the Bi-Lo.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Maggie & Molly

no run yesterday and today is my "long" run of 6. Basic flat run but it will be a slow paced one!!! Temps are a balmy 30 degrees but sunny for now so I better get moving before the rain/snow comes...

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363