Badwater (Read 1252 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JakeKnight

A true "challenge of the champions," the 2008 AdventureCORPS Badwater Ultramarathon features 45 Badwater veterans and 38 rookies: die hard "ultra-runners" of every speed and ability, and athletes who have the necessary running credentials, but are primarily known for their exploits as adventure racers, mountaineers, triathletes, or in other extreme pursuits. They represent thirteen countries ? Australia (2), Brazil (2), Canada (2), France (6), Germany (7), Guatemala (1), Hungary (1), Italy (1), Mexico (1), New Zealand (1), Norway (1), UK (2), and US (56) ? and nineteen America states. There are twenty-one women and sixty-two men. The youngest runner is 27 while the oldest is 66, with an average age of 47.
    To repeat: an average age of 47.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

ultramarathon/triathlete

Ha, one day I'd love to do that. Maybe when I'm 47 :-) Anyone see the movie Running on the Sun ? It's a documentary about badwater and it is... badass!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

protoplasm72

So much for getting wiser as you age. You have to be a few monkeys short of a circus to run that thing.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Imminent Catastrophe

I see Maniac #81 is in the first wave. Of course Maniac #15 won last year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Craziness.

Vim

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

I just wanted to say good luck to Jamie Donaldson! You go GIRL! I had the pleasure of pacing(More like trying to keep up) for a single 12.5 mile lap with this girl in the Umstead 100. She is absolutely amazing. There is nothing quite like seeing someone drop the hammer at mile 84 of a race and hit a 6:30 per mile pace! I have been trying to follow the runner’s progress on the web pages below. However, it looks like they haven’t updated it in awhile or something has happened to most of the 10:00 AM start field. As of right now the results show that only 2 runners from the 10:00 am start have reached the first check point and it is well past 3 and a half hours since they started. Hopefully, that is not the case! If you ever get “CHICKED” by Jamie then I wouldn’t feel bad about it. She is the most determined runner I have ever seen(Male or Female). Results at each check point http://tinyurl.com/6z2rzb Live updates and pictures http://badwater.com/2008web/ Race Roster http://tinyurl.com/6e9x4h And yes Running on the Sun is one crazy movie! I have it queued up to watch tonight!
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

Stovepipe Wells (41 mi) and three 10:00 starters have already taken the lead. Now why didn't I bring my "Running on the Sun" DVD on this trip?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

been tracking Gundy all day. Cool I keep waiting to see jorge hit panamint springs any minute now, He's smokin!. I noticed Jamie made up some time there between the first and second station! The photo gallerys are pretty fun to look through too.

Jennifer mm#1231

ah ha! Jorge Pacheco just hit PS in 10:30 Shocked

Jennifer mm#1231

Jazz hands!

Definitely insane. I camped there at the end of March and it was almost too hot already.
                      run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                      Purdey

Self anointed title

Are they keeping the splits up to date?

Purdey

Self anointed title

oooh - Pam Reed has just overtaken Dean Karnazes! Shocked

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Here is the breakdown at 90 miles: 1 8 Pacheco Jorge m 40 Los Angeles California USA MEX 1000 2:16 5:32 10:30 14:19 2 2 Konya Akos m 33 Oceanside California USA HUN 1000 2:16 5:41 11:10 15:03 3 11 Reed Pamela f 47 Tucson Arizona USA USA 1000 2:37 7:00 13:44 17:56 4 4 Karnazes Dean m 45 San Francisco California USA USA 1000 2:21 6:28 13:03 18:05 5 17 Donaldson Jamie f 33 Littleton Colorado USA USA 1000 2:40 6:55 13:54 18:26 6 33 Armstrong Shanna Christine f 33 Lubbock Texas USA USA 800 2:29 6:58 13:57 18:44 Jorge Pacheco is slightly behind his pace through 90 last year but he is still insanely fast! Akos is almost 1 hour behind him but still hanging in there. Pam Reed appears to be “Just feeling it”. She is flying and she is third overall and over 30 minutes ahead of Jamie Donaldson. This is one heck of a race! Two men going for the course record. 3 women in the top 6! Half of the top 10 are women! The women’s leader is 47! What more could you ask for? The race reports said that the roads were closed due to flooding last night. They actually rerouted the course to go back the other way instead of continuing on towards Whitney. In the end the road was opened back up though and “ALL” runners will still be doing the normal course. If you think running on the sun was good? Wait till you see the video of this years race! Maybe there will be a “Running on the sun 2”? With the paces they are doing this year it would be more like “Sprinting on the sun”! Go Jamie, Give’m H$LL or at least make them feel like they are running through it!