Badwater (Read 1252 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

90 miles. 110°F. 14.3 hours. Geez. I don't know how he does it without spectator support Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Purdey

Self anointed title

90 miles. 110°F. 14.3 hours. Geez. I don't know how he does it without spectator support Big grin
      Oh - I heard the streets were lined just like the NY Marathon?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jorge Pachego hits LP (122miles) in 20:40. The guy is sssssmooookin!

Purdey

Self anointed title

But.... Akos Konya has closed the gap to just 17mins. Reaching LP in 20:57. This is one hell of a race!

A Saucy Wench

Saw Chuck Engle DNF'd

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Go Pre!

Saw Chuck Engle DNF'd
              Badwater runner Charlie Engel and our own Marathon Junkie - Chuck Engle - not the same person.
              Purdey

Self anointed title

That is for sure. I'm not certain that MJ (Chuck Engle) has done an ultra yet - but watch out if he does. Also saw that lunatic Goggins DNF'd. Wonder what happened to him?

Go Pre!

That is for sure. I'm not certain that MJ (Chuck Engle) has done an ultra yet - but watch out if he does. Also saw that lunatic Goggins DNF'd. Wonder what happened to him?
                  maybe he stopped for tea and crumpets
                  Purdey

Self anointed title

Dude. If When I run Badwater, I intend to fuel solely with Earl Grey tea and hot buttered crumpets. Spanking is optional.

Lazy idiot

That is for sure. I'm not certain that MJ (Chuck Engle) has done an ultra yet - but watch out if he does.
                      If the definition of ultra is anything over marathon distance, than he has done at least one. Their is a trail race in Southeastern Ohio, the Hocking Hills Indian Run. I'm pretty sure he ran the 60k a few years back.

Tick tock

Purdey

Self anointed title

If the definition of ultra is anything over marathon distance, than he has done at least one. Their is a trail race in Southeastern Ohio, the Hocking Hills Indian Run. I'm pretty sure he ran the 60k a few years back.
                        I stand corrected. It's not 135 miles though.... just saying.

Lazy idiot

I stand corrected. It's not 135 miles though.... just saying.
                          That's true.

Tick tock

Purdey

Self anointed title

Anyway. Back to what promises to be one of the best Badwaters we've seen in years.

Go Pre!

Nope, not yet - but he 'thinks' he might want to eventually.

Lazy idiot

Nope, not yet - but he 'thinks' he might want to eventually.
                                Click

Tick tock