Badwater (Read 1252 times)

Ultra? Extreme? Bad (water)?
    What about the folks who do 10 more miles and then track back!?!?!?

Vim

JakeKnight

Badwater runner Charlie Engel and our own Marathon Junkie - Chuck Engle - not the same person.
      A lot of people make that mistake. They shouldn't. Very different people.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Vim

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm not certain that MJ (Chuck Engle) has done an ultra yet
          He has.
          kcam

What about the folks who do 10 more miles and then track back!?!?!?
            Is that the "Double Badwater"?? We were in Lone Pine Sunday before last to hike Mt Whitney and saw one chase vehicle with "Double Badwater" and a bunch of other stuff painted on the windows. Crazy mofos.

Lazy idiot

He has.
              Pay attention, Trent.

Tick tock

I want a report on what the heck a race like this does to one's body. Anyone got a link? Gotta remind myself they are running in dry heat Big grin

Vim

You'll ruin your knees!

I want a report on what the heck a race like this does to one's body. Anyone got a link? Gotta remind myself they are running in dry heat Big grin
                  Couple of things... 1) makes them tired, really tired...and hungry 2) often results in the appearance of "cankles" 3) once the temp reaches 120, wet or dry doesn't matter much 4) link to what? 5) INCREDIBLE book on Badwater written by Kirk Johnson called To The Edge OK, more than a couple... The guy I paced last weekend at Hardrock did what they call "Badrock" a couple of years ago. He ran Hardrock one weekend, then went straight to Death Valley and ran Badwater...less than two weeks apart! Some of these people are truly amazing. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

Lynn B
                    Let's cut to the chase - when are *you* running it?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Are you talking to me? Are you going to be in my crew?
                      JakeKnight

Are you talking to me? Are you going to be in my crew?
                        Yes. I'm talking to you. That's why I quoted Lynn. Moron. Belgian beer kills brain cells.

The guy I paced last weekend at Hardrock did what they call "Badrock" a couple of years ago. He ran Hardrock one weekend, then went straight to Death Valley and ran Badwater...less than two weeks apart! Some of these people are truly amazing. Lynn B
                          Whoa. That's stout. A friend of mine ran a double Hardrock, back to back... but I think Badrock even trumps that! http://home.comcast.net/~pbakwin/rhhr2h.html

You'll ruin your knees!

What? *you* doesn't mean Trent? I thought that was a given, like pi...by the way, I like pie. Me? eh, it's a road race... I think I'd rather save my duct tape and superglue for the trails...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

What? *you* doesn't mean Trent? I thought that was a given, like pi...by the way, I like pie. Me? eh, it's a road race... I think I'd rather save my duct tape and superglue for the trails...
                              Oh HTFU. They'd probably let you run alongside the road, if you wanted.