Nike Organized Training Runs (Read 693 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Anyone do these in your city (assuming you live in a metro area that Nike organizes runs in) I ran with the NYC Nike training group out of Niketown Tuesday night. They have pacers, coaches, etc and a lot of people show up. It's fun. This time they were doing 2 distance options that both ran a short lower loop of Central Park. Option 1 was 5.1 miles, option 2 was a bit more than 3 miles. I ran the longer distance in the front pace group. I was thinking they'd run a quick but easy 7 min pace, but MAN they went out fast. 5 or 6 of us went out at around 6:20 or 6:10 pace. I kept up for one loop (which I estimate was 1.7 miles or so, did not have my garmin on me). They dropped me and 2 others on loop 2 but I kept them within sight. Loop three the lead pacer and the few others left with him were gone. I finished in 33-34 minutes, maybe less (a rough time was called out to me when I finished). Leads came in around 31 minutes I think. Anyway, damn those guys were fast. Anyone else do these runs and wanna run with me next time? I want to run slower than the fast group but faster than the second group. Slight sub 7 min pace or 6:45 I suppose would be comfortable. Give a shout if you're in the city and you run these. By the way, the runs are free, have some food/water afterwards (also free) and sometimes they give out dry fit shirts or socks. They do them in at least a dozen cities other than NYC (and no, I don't work for nike, I don't even wear their shoes, but I like their sportsmanship). ~Dave

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

Carps10

thats what u get for tryin to run with the big boys, clown. i woulda been in the lead pack, looked over to my friend beside me and been like "yo, lets lose this clown, he's crampin my style" and then i woulda dropped u with like a 5:55 or so
      meaghansketch

I'd love to be able to participate, but all the group runs in NYC seem to start at 6:30... Which is right when I get out of work. It's great for people who get off work at 5:00, but not everyone does.

ultramarathon/triathlete

thats what u get for tryin to run with the big boys, clown. i woulda been in the lead pack, looked over to my friend beside me and been like "yo, lets lose this clown, he's crampin my style" and then i woulda dropped u with like a 5:55 or so
          yeah... I bet.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

Anyone have pizza?

Dave, I've run with these folks. They are dangerously good! Black eye However, there were plenty of Joe's like myself that were managing at 8-9 minutes per mile too. I ran Saturday morning however, because I work out in Suffolk county during the week. Do you guys meet up at Niketown, and then head out to CP south to start?

ultramarathon/triathlete

yeah start at Niketown or Paragon, etc. Basically it breaks out like this: NY Running Co. Time Warner Center, 2nd Floor Mondays @ 6:30pm Niketown 6 East 57th street @ 5th ave near Tiffany Tuesdays @ 6:30pm Thursdays @ 6:30pm Saturdays @ 9:00am Paragon Sports 867 B’Way (corner of 18th street) Wednesdays @ 6:30pm Starbucks Park Slope, Brooklyn 164 7th Ave Saturdays @ 9:00am

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
              Gatorade Endurance Team

Back in Feb I had a business trip to Atlanta and needed to find some running routes. Unfamiliar with the area I got hooked up with 2 different Nike places that had group runs. Work out great.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Carps10

yeah... I bet.
                  lol dude ur the one who got dropped, im the one who went 16:20 at regionals clown
                    lol dude i'm the one who got dropped on his head when his momma spiked him like a football, sorry i'm such an arrogant clown. i wish i was bak in skool so i could talk smack wit my frends instead of random peeps on the internets
                    Fixed that for you there, retard.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

If you are in Atlanta in June P'tree rd (Lenox Mall) to Piedmont pk is a nice run. I am volunteering w/ATC on 6/07/2008 to give out water from 7-10 at the Benihana on P'tree. Hope to see some RA runners.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/