More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

spinach

I went out today when it was 3° and I ran 7 miles.  It was 9° when when I got back.  Do I get in the club for this month?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, starting temp is my official temp.  So far, I'm about three degrees/miles out of the club this season.

spinach

Well, I am definitely in today, 17 miles with the temperature from 2°F when I started to 6°F at the finish.  I was surprised to see the Mississippi River up here frozen across.  It is quite early in the season for it to be frozen.  This doesn't bode well for this winter.

obiebyke

Hey Spinach, are you in the Twin Cities like me?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Start 28F - End 41F

80.5 miles

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

spinach

Hey Spinach, are you in the Twin Cities like me?

No, I am up in St Cloud.

Lane

Start 488R- End 501R

80.5 miles

FTFY - Congratulations on graduating from the Fahrenheit scale to Rankine.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have hopes for tomorrow morning - projected low is 1F.  It's usually a little warmer at my house, but as long is it's 5F or below...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I have hopes for tomorrow morning - projected low is 1F.  It's usually a little warmer at my house, but as long is it's 5F or below...

I forget, do we count windchill for this.  I mean, I'm here in the WINDY FRIGG'N CITY so I got legit concerns here with a 17degree difference tonight.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

#artbydmcbride

I definitely think you get to count windchill!!!   brrrrrrr

Runners run

Hoban-Jay

I forget, do we count windchill for this.  I mean, I'm here in the WINDY FRIGG'N CITY so I got legit concerns here with a 17degree difference tonight.

I simpathize with ya,for certain, but despite the name, the Windy City isn't even close to being as windy as ANYWHERE in Wyoming...

Hoban-Jay

So if the temps are in the "negatives", and a person (a hypothetical person...certainly not me) runs zero miles...would that qualify?  Or say, it's -9 degrees and a person wanted to run -7 miles...how might they do that?

Fanilow

So if the temps are in the "negatives", and a person (a hypothetical person...certainly not me) runs zero miles...would that qualify?  Or say, it's -9 degrees and a person wanted to run -7 miles...how might they do that?

Run backwards.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I seem to recall a one mile minimum mentioned way back in the early days of this thread.

Well blah.. It gets chilly here but never that cold I don't think. It would have to be one long run, lol.