iPhone app (Read 4493 times)

Hell yeah!!!

It will only help promote the site.  Shit, charge $2.99 for it.  You will be a hero to many as well as have a few extra $$ in your pocket.

Another +1 for this fabulous idea. Although I think the generic mobile site would be more fitting. I am also available for help/assistance as I've done iPhone apps and mobiles in the past.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

theyapper

On the road again...

+1 for me.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

As Trent mentioned initially, I wouldn't mind just a runningahead.com mobile website.  iPhone app would be great, but the app approval process could be more trouble than its really worth.

+1, would definitely be willing to pay for an iphone app

Wingz

Professional Noob

As Trent mentioned initially, I wouldn't mind just a runningahead.com mobile website.  iPhone app would be great, but the app approval process could be more trouble than its really worth.

I think the approval process alone is in the range of hundreds of dollars.  Plus needing to actually have one and the service in order to work with it and program correctly.  Anybody got an extra $1000 they want to contribute to the cause?  'Cause if that's right, I don't think $2 or $3 each is gonna cut it...

Roads were made for journeys...

I think the approval process alone is in the range of hundreds of dollars.  Plus needing to actually have one and the service in order to work with it and program correctly.  Anybody got an extra $1000 they want to contribute to the cause?  'Cause if that's right, I don't think $2 or $3 each is gonna cut it...

Well it costs $99 dollars to purchase a developer license.  There are no mandatory expenses past that point. There is no fee for app.

A mobile based site would have a much broader reach however.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Well it costs $99 dollars to purchase a developer license.  There are no mandatory expenses past that point. There is no fee for app.

A mobile based site would have a much broader reach however.

I disagree.  A Mac and an iPhone are mandatory Tongue  But yes, a mobile site would be nice.

If you want to be a pompous dorkwad, there's an app for that.

But a mobile site would be cool.

Runners run

Wingz

Professional Noob

But Mikeymike, I don't even have an iPhone.  How can I use the app? 

Roads were made for journeys...

mattbab

yep - pls do it, i will pay!

What would be ideal would be the ability to import .GPX and/or .KMZ files, which are open standards for tracing GPS tracks.  MotionX on the iPhone exports to this format.  Its the most accurate GPS tracking app on the iPhone that I have tested so far.

Further, if you made a "email catcher" for your application (e.g. <userid>@logs.runningahead.com), then I could send my MotionX traces *directly* from the iPhone after the run, instantly updating my log.

I am a .NET programmer with 7 years of experience.  Let me know if you want me to write the code for you Wink

Imminent Catastrophe

My  .02: I'd rather see a mobile site, that could work with any smartphone or device.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

+1 for all ideas above - mobile site or iPhone App...
                              rambler from oz

Please develop an ipod/iphone app or mobile site, that would be awesome and RA would make so much money for just a .99 cent app

Run and never halt

For running is perfection

Run and do not fear the thorns in the path

For they draw only corrupt blood