CMM RR - LONG... (Read 1041 times)

MrH

Sweet. 2012 Olympic Marathon team....here I come.
    His cramps were so bad he slowed to 5:15 pace. Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I ran 5:15 pace once. I think it was the 100m dash.
      Kimmie

Thanks for a great race report... sorry that the heat killed your goals for a PR- but I loved your attitude and your description of how runners were encouraging each other at the end. Runners really are a great group of people.... will you try to run a redemption marathon soon to capitalize on your fitness?
        redleaf

Wow! Congrats on the race and the cool cramps!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

will you try to run a redemption marathon soon to capitalize on your fitness?
            Probably won't run another full until late fall. I'm getting married in 20 days, so the next few weeks are busy. Then, after she gets moved here, our summer is packed full. It's basically going to be full of training and sharpening the fitness for a huge gain in the fall. Who knows what maintaining my current base plus sharpening it could do? Could I PR by 40 minutes and hit the BQ? Only one way to find out...
              Could I PR by 40 minutes and hit the BQ? Only one way to find out...
              I think at minimum you can get pretty darn close! Especially with your mileage. Bummer about the conditions... but at least a nice cool flat and fast fall marathon will be more ideal than this last experience. Way to hold things together though... you're one tough cookie! Best of luck with the new wiff and the upcoming plans. Celebrate good times! Congratz on the PR... you'll totally meet/crush the projected 3:18 if you keep things how they're going.
                Thanks sparky. Figuring that keeping my head up and pushing through everything will just get me more motivated to crush the goal in the fall. Evil grin

Prince of Fatness

I'm glad to see that you are not letting this result get the best of you. Your training has been solid. Keep it up and you'll reach that goal time. Congratulations on toughing it out in that heat, and you still PR'd. Nice!

Not at it at all. 

mikeymike

Tough day but you PR'd by a wide margin and you know you can go much faster right now, let alone what you'll be able to do in the fall with 6 more months of relentless consistency and experience racing some shorter distances. Well done.

Runners run

mikeymike

By the way I was cramping pretty badly in the last 5 miles at Boston in ideal weather. Marathons suck.

Runners run

You are really doing well Makers.......that heat can really screw up any good race and a Marathon in the heat (holy cow).. Great attitude --- you're definitely going places with your running......and setting a PR this race.....NOT BAD at all........next race crushing your PC is pretty much a given......Shocked. GOOD JOB Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Tough day but you PR'd by a wide margin and you know you can go much faster right now, let alone what you'll be able to do in the fall with 6 more months of relentless consistency and experience racing some shorter distances.
                          Thanks mikey. I'm super stoked about the fall. I know I'm faster than what Saturday showed. I've gotta give a huge thanks to you and Jeff for the constant attention to my never ending tweaking.
                          Great attitude --- you're definitely going places with your running......and setting a PR this race.....NOT BAD at all........next race crushing your PC is pretty much a given.......
                          Thanks John. I figured I could either let the fact I missed my goal by 23 minutes drag me down, or recognize that it just looks sweeter when I PR by 40 minutes in the fall... Wink It amazes me how much pain shows in this picture. My number one fan and greatest encourager.

Another Passion

Congratulations on the PR through some most difficult conditions! Awesome!

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Mitch & Pete's Mom

What an awsome report. Good for you in finding the beauty in a tough race. You'll get'm the next time.
                              Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                                It amazes me how much pain shows in this picture.
                                Great Job .... It looks like your are running at a 22 degree tilt to your left in this photo. Hopefully camera angle or that is one jacked up course!

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!