Is it just me? (Read 987 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

It gets better.

The RWOL mini-invasion isn't a cross section of all posters on RWOL.  It is a very specific swamp-like group from an area they refer to as...

BF.

Bare Feet? Best Friends? Boogie Fest?

Ex runner

xhristopher

Wear do you guys get this shit from?   Also I thought it was wrong to speak of this place in the GSP?  I think we might have a double agent among us. 

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/4710c6995faf4b63a221a705827cf9f4#focus

When I first encountered RWOL around here some time back it took me a long time to figure out what the hell that was. I kept thinking it was Running With Out L_______

You fill in the last L word. I never could.

xor

Yes.  That's it.  Also: Barney Food.

(Beginner's Forum.  But it is weird because lots of the folks are not beginners.  It's a fairly tightly knit online group that has meet-ups at races.... in RWOL lingo, an "FE"... they have their own language, big sense of camaraderie, etc.... some are beginners and some are experts and some are people who pose as big experts, one of which I hope shows up soon but perhaps he won't... some are nice, some are kind of assholey (just like anywhere), etc etc etc)

((Message board sociology side note: what's fun when two groups intersect is watching what things that group A seems to think is universal everywhere that group B has never heard of. And the reverse.  Things about running, for example.  Language. Interaction. Fun stuff))

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yes.  That's it.  Also: Barney Food.

(Beginner's Forum.  But it is weird because lots of the folks are not beginners.  It's a fairly tightly knit online group that has meet-ups at races.... in RWOL lingo, an "FE"... they have their own language, big sense of camaraderie, etc.... some are beginners and some are experts and some are people who pose as big experts, one of which I hope shows up soon but perhaps he won't... some are nice, some are kind of assholey (just like anywhere), etc etc etc)

Trying to stir up trouble already?

btw: where is the spell check on this thing?

xor

We have no spell check (though some browsers will do it).

As for stirring up trouble, no, not really.  I am a message board pest.

The lack of a spell check is part of our charm, just ask BCR.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I saw the lose/loose conversation a few days ago. I felt right at home.

xor

I saw the lose/loose conversation a few days ago. I felt right at home.

Well spellcheck wouldn't have caught that anyhoo.

I like how firefox gives me the red squiggles to inform me that "spellcheck" is improperly spelled.

It also tells me that "firefox" is improperly spelled (because it wants me to capitalize it).

However, "squiggles" is ok.

"Ok" is not ok.  OK is, however.

#artbydmcbride

When I first encountered RWOL around here some time back it took me a long time to figure out what the hell that was. I kept thinking it was Running With Out L_______

You fill in the last L word. I never could.

Running WithOut Lingerie?

Runners run

xor

I stopped going to most races.

Running WithOut Lopez.

not lazy, just tired

without laughter? 

Not if it makes sense.

Slice

I am glad I read this entire thread. Obviously I spend too much time at Best Buy. Every time I read GSP I always thought "Geek Squad Protection" and BF was "Black Friday." Happy to know what GSP and BF mean now.

RWOL - Running With Our Liquor? Could be fun.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

runfoolery

FE being a forum encounter.

The other board I used to frequent was FlyerTalk, and they had their own lingo for a real-life meet up as well, though I stopped reading the board regularly years ago and have now forgotten what it was. Hm.

Well, I didn't before...but now I'm sure I will! Tongue

you   are   welcome Joking

Happy TG!

LRB

It gets better.

The RWOL mini-invasion isn't a cross section of all posters on RWOL.  It is a very specific swamp-like group from an area they refer to as...

BF.

Which begs the question; where are the NRR peeps?

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

NRR seems to be the 'word that can't be mentioned' (s word) free. That word brings bad juju.