Female Runners -- underwear help (Read 1303 times)

Hawt and sexy

70 bucks would be a fancy limited edition skirt.  The spankes are 20-25 bucks, a typical skirt is 50 bucks, and a race belt skirt (no spankes built in) is about 40 bucks..  They did have a discount store online, but it is gone now. (I miss the discount store.  I found skirts there for 10 bucks.)  They sell their overstock at sierratradingpost.com.  At sierra, just search for skirt sports. The discount at sierra trading post ranges from 20 to 50 percent.  My skirt sports purchases at sierra include my first marathon girl skirt and my running dress.  I like my dress, but if you are tall like me, don't wear it out shopping.  The dress purchase is what prompted my spankes purchase from skirtsports.  Then I found the race belt skirts.  Yeah, it's an addiction.

Besides sierra, I have seen cheap spankes (like 10 bucks) at eastbay, but I have never bought them.  The skirt sports spankes have pockets, and are the only brand I have found with that  feature.  The pockets are great too.  I raced my last marathon with two gels in the pocket.  I only used one gel, the second gel fell out of the pocket when I forgot about it and napped on the couch back home. If you are not a marathoner, and want spankes without pockets, try eastbay and get back to us. 

Let's see, for cheap skirts that might need spankes, I have found some at TJ Maxx/Marshal's, but none in my size. These skirts are usually tennis skirts or swimsuit cover-ups.  TJ Maxx stuff is going to run from 10-40 bucks depending on brand.  I have a Nike skirt that I got at TJ Maxx, but it has built in boy shorts.  Target also has some good skirts in the C9 line. I have never seen a running skirt at Target that didn't have spankes built in, and the spankes are boy cut. Target skirts will usually run you about 20 bucks.

I do have some skirts from running skirts.com.  They are also pricey.  I also am not impressed with their sizing.  All 3 skirts I have from there are the same size, but only one of the skirts 'fits' me.  It could be simply because I only buy skirts from them during their 50% off end of season sales. 

Wow, I totally did not mean to turn this into a skirt thread. I really did try wicking panties for a while, but without exposure to air, my problem was not chaffing, it was post run removal of icky damp panties.  I don't remember where I bought them.  I know they are thongs if that helps.

I'm touching your pants.

Ostrich runner

I was unaware that anyone wore underwear while running.  I fart so much sometimes while I am running that between that and the sweat festering in there, I'd have to throw them away.  Luckily the new synthetics running shorts are made of neither hold stinkyfunk nor get damaged by warm water.  Just lube the cheeks, taint, crotch thoroughly before running and let everything rub.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I was unaware that anyone wore underwear while running.  I fart so much sometimes while I am running that between that and the sweat festering in there, I'd have to throw them away.  Luckily the new synthetics running shorts are made of neither hold stinkyfunk nor get damaged by warm water.  Just lube the cheeks, taint, crotch thoroughly before running and let everything rub.

Dude...you said 'taint'

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Ostrich runner

I actually prefer the word "grundel" as it rolls off the tongue better, but it isn't as well known.

xor

I know neither taint nor grundel.

Are they anything like mofongo?

Ostrich runner

Not whatsoever, but now I am hungry.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I know neither taint nor grundel.

Are they anything like mofongo?

Baked not fried....

xor

I'm going to be really upset if I image google those words, aren't I?

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I'm going to be really upset if I image google those words, aren't I?

hahaha! do it!

xor

Oh dear.  Well, I am certainly tainted now.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

That's what she said!

Ostrich runner

Well, anyways, you don't want that chafed.

Where'd the ladies' underwear go?
                            hokiemamba

Holy Underwear!   I never imagined so many folks were running around commando!  So....gist is,

1) Go commando

2) Spankies under skirts or skirts/shorts with built in spankies

3) Barely There hi-cut seamless panties

3) Jockey microfiber hipsters

4) I'm not the only one who has post-run pee issues (whew)

5) Don't look up images of "taints and/or grundels"

6) Questions that include the word "underwear" in the title attract lots of readers.

6.5) When asking questions about undies, include pictures for dom runners. 

Thanks, y'all.   This has been, er, enlightening. 

Hokie, off to look at spankies.

I prefer commando, but I have run in Icebreaker and Patagonia undies. Both of those seem to work well.

~Sara
                                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan