Rockenmama's LMR Race Report (Read 745 times)

mikeymike

Nice job, and hardware to boot!

Runners run

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow, great job Pam! Congrats on the AG award! Lynn

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Awesome.
          Smile I knew it would go well for you! Sunday was muggy and warm by me, and I was thinking about you out there, hoping that all that training in the muk this summer was helping you out, and apparantly it did! Congratulations on winning your age group as well! What a great bonus that was, although it doesn't surprise me given the training you've been doing. Finally, you got to finish with your partner in crime Michelle, which was very appropriate, since you've been in this thing together from the start. I'm glad you had an all around good day Pam! Very well done. We are all very proud of you!
          Thanks Bob!! Finishing with Michelle was ICING on top of the cake!! She's such a motivator AND she didn't yell or get pissy when I said we we're going to fast in the bigging! She stuck with me despite wanting to go faster and that takes ALOT. It's not like she's related to me and HAD to stick to my slower pace. Anyway I'm just amazed HOW much differance getting the miles in makes!! I'm really anxious to see how I do in Steamtown now. I feel 100% better then I did after my first marathon and I actually RACED that (well most of it until dh bonked at mile 23).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks so much Tricia, Kirsten, Renee, Stephen, Mike, Lynn and Dave!! Nice to hear the congrats and nice job comments!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats Pam! It took me a while to read (slow reader). Awesome job on the cool trophy!

Lazy idiot

Way to go, Pam! Look forward to continuing to hear good things.

Tick tock

The voice of mile 18

awesome!! congrats on the hardware!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Congrats on the marathon and the AG award, Pam. You are definitely rockin'!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Thanks so much Eric, Drew, Joe & Mike!! Means alot to hear your comments!

Hey, you're wearing the marathon shirt in your new avatar. Very cool! Tim has mine (small) and I have his (medium). We managed to get our mixed up and the medium is just too big so I can't wear mine yet!

Michelle

Hey, you're wearing the marathon shirt in your new avatar. Very cool! Tim has mine (small) and I have his (medium). We managed to get our mixed up and the medium is just too big so I can't wear mine yet!
                          Yep! Ha too funny!Guess you'll have to hook up with him very soon for a run so you guys can exchange shirts. Oh they had me signed up for a LARGE shirt Confused Not sure why since I clearly stated Small in my reply email to Lisa's asking what size shirt I wanted.

wow!!! Loved the pics/report and congrats on a great race! WTG!!! Cool Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

wow!!! Loved the pics/report and congrats on a great race! WTG!!! Cool Big grin
                              Thanks Jen!!

1st! Thanks for giving us another report on this race (Great ABS!) Smile modal

Vim