MCM who's in? (Read 699 times)

My legs are killing me

Registration opened about 15 minutes ago. I didn't have enough fun running the last 10k of my last marathon so I figure I'll try it again.
    ymmv

I'm in!
        If I ever run one outside of New England, that one's on the short list. Everyone that has run it has good things to say about it, sounds like a great time. You will probably have plenty of RA company.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Kimmie

I'm still debating between this and Richmond. Help me!!! Smile
            Highly recommend. It's a great time. However, I won't be doing it because marathons are stoopid. Good luck to everyone running it. I think you'll "enjoy" it.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

My legs are killing me

Highly recommend. It's a great time. However, I won't be doing it because marathons are stoopid. Good luck to everyone running it. I think you'll "enjoy" it.
              I agree Lank. Marathons are stupid but I remember your time from last year's MCM and I wanted to see if I could beat an old guy like you.
              MrH

You could always to the Army Ten Miler a few weeks before. Blackhawk helicopters flyover at the start. The flag arrives via parachute drop. The starting 'pistol' is a howitzer.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I'm in. Just got my confirmation #. Smile

Chris
                  PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

I agree Lank. Marathons are stupid but I remember your time from last year's MCM and I wanted to see if I could beat an old guy like you.
                    Ha....it's great to see you setting your goals so high and I respect that. Four and a half hours is blazingly fast, like a gazelle crossed with a leopard, so obviously good luck. You describe a nice scene Richard. That sounds like a great run as well but the distance between Wisconsin and DC is a bit much for "just" a 10-miler. And I can feel the nervous excitement from celiac's post. Good stuff.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

MrH

You describe a nice scene Richard. That sounds like a great run as well but the distance between Wisconsin and DC is a bit much for "just" a 10-miler.
                      Did I mention that the starting gun is a freaking giant Howitzer? It goes BOOM.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

BostonRnr

The 2008 MCM was my first marathon. It was a great experience. Enjoy!
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Put the cattle into corrals and then shoot off a big gun; sounds like a good plan.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

pfriese

I'm in.
                              anyone know how long until it sells out?
                                anyone know how long until it sells out?
                                Last year it was about three days.