Who will be running on the Christmas Holidays? (Running with a Christmas Hat on?) (Read 560 times)

Who will be running over the Christmas Holidays?  Also, will you be running with a Christmas hat on?

Last year I did a nice long run on Christmas eve and Christmas day, I plan to do the same tomorrow and the following day as well, wearing a Christmas hat.  One co-worker suggested the full santa outfit and I refuse, although I did see a lady at the Va Beach 50K with a full outfit on a couple weeks ago. (For the curious, here she is in her outfit :-)

http://www.triduo.com/emsearchraceresults.php?race_id=1946&bib=100&Submit=Search+by+Bib+no&lname=

Folks honk as I run. And I am not sure if it is a "Merry Christmas" honk, or a "Who is that idiot running on a cold day, and on Christmas day no less!"   But I give a quick wave back regardless :-)

I'm normally a quiet, reserved person, but around Christmas I put on the Christmas hat and try to kick out at least 10 miles on those days.

Anyone else do the same?

If not, Merry Christmas folks!  Have a good one!  You only get less than 100 of them in a lifetime.  (Unless you are one of those really lucky folks who gets more of 'em).

Happy Holidays folks :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Tiefsa

I've never ran with a Santa hat on, but I will tomorrow.

Thanks for the great idea.  Smile

I'll be out there Christmas morning! Last year, it was snowing early in the morning, and very few people were out. It was so peaceful. Smile  I'm hoping for the same experience.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Last year, DW & I outfitted our bicycles with battery-powered flashing, singing lights and rode around town.  Got lots & lots of (positive) attention.

an amazing likeness

I don't understand the question.  Don't you run every day?  Christmas is just another day on the calendar, and a good one for a long run since you probably don't have to work.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Kalsarikännit

I don't understand the question.  Don't you run every day?  Christmas is just another day on the calendar, and a good one for a long run since you probably don't have to work.

Grinch.  Next thing you know, we'll be expected to run on Flag Day.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

This! And yes, I will be wearing a Santa hat...but, I always do, but Christmas is the only day I don't get strange looks when I wear it.

But seriously, it usually is the most peaceful running day of the year...no one is ever out...running or driving or otherwise.

Ojo

I suppose if I always run my local turkey trot with a turkey on my head I can run Christmas with a stocking on my head!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

delicate flower

I've got 10 miles of speedwork tomorrow and 8 easy miles planned on Christmas Day.  Smile  The Santa hat is a great idea.  I may need to bust mine out.

<3

I'll be running about 20 miles tomorrow with a red dress lined with poinsetta blossoms and jingle bells, red & black knee-high socks and a long white & red Santa hat.  (Tech clothes will be worn underneath to avoid chafing).  Given it's a 9.6-mile loop, I may ditch the costume before heading out for the second Wink  Christmas Day will be a rest day as I will have run seven days in a row for a total of 70+ miles.

Grinch.  Next thing you know, we'll be expected to run on Flag Day around in circles for 24 hours like a crazy person..

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Yes, gotta keep the streak alive...I won't be wearing a Santa hat, though.

Julia1971

Maybe I'll run with a hat on...  I'm normally not the type to do something like that either but I did something noticeable like that recently and it was a really cool way to connect with strangers in your community...  Maybe...

I did the whole "run in a Santa hat" thing earlier this month so tomorrow I will probably just run in a regular old hat.

Runners run

Julia1971

I did the whole "run in a Santa hat" thing earlier this month so tomorrow I will probably just run in a regular old hat.

Aw, what a happy, adorable group!