Favorite T.V. Commercials (Read 780 times)

My legs are killing me

This one always cracks me up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKWM5Z1zds I think we can all relate to it.

Another Passion

I like the car commercial where the people are so used to their InSync technology they try to use it elsewhere. One guy damn near kills himself on a treadmill and a lady walks full bore into a glass door while holding a cup o' joe. Yes, they're playing on the evil part of me that wants to laugh whenever someone hurts themselves, but I can't help it!
      That was SO the commercial I was going to bring up for the Ford Fusion. I bust out laughing everytime I see it! Masochists unite, Q! Evil grin I also like the Ford Edge commercial where the lady gets so mesmerized staring out the moon roof that her friends call her from outside the car at their destination to see if they want her to get her something to go.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

The Terry Tate Office Linebacker ones are classics. I'm not a big fan of the Sonic commercials that get played every 5 minutes, but the milk moustache one one was actually funny. The look she gives him is great. I get that look pretty often from my wife.

Another Passion

The Terry Tate Office Linebacker ones are classics. I'm not a big fan of the Sonic commercials that get played every 5 minutes, but the milk moustache one one was actually funny. The look she gives him is great. I get that look pretty often from my wife.
          Those are hilarious green! Love the Sonic one! Good eats in your avatar, btw! YUM!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Imminent Catastrophe

Just about any GEICO commercial. Their ad agency is genius.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Gotta TRI

Just about any GEICO commercial. Their ad agency is genius.
              Absolutly!! Gotta love the ghecko! Also how about the old "That thing got a hemi?" ads. Andy
              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                In keeping with this weekend's theme, you gotta love the football ref that 'fesses up to blowing a call: ...but don't worry, I'll penalize the other team for no good reason in the second half

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Gotta TRI

In keeping with this weekend's theme, you gotta love the football ref that 'fesses up to blowing a call: ...but don't worry, I'll penalize the other team for no good reason in the second half
                  YES!!! Big grin
                  2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                  PWL

Has been

This remains my favorite commercial of all time: I am Batman

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

JakeKnight

To find an actual favorite I'd have to go back a few decades. Maybe the ancient Coke commercial with Mean Joe Greene? Fits the football motif. Cheesy but awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc0izCGKxP8 I always wanted to be that kid. And I was a Cowboys fan. Go figure. Current favorite has to be those stupid "Snickers" ads with the car load of historical tough guys (the Viking, the pilgrim, the Mongol, etc.) who drive around screaming FEEEAAST. It kills me. I don't know why. And its only the first one in the series. The rest are lame. But that first one, where they drive around finding their tough guy pals and announcing their FEAST. Just kills me. And makes me wanna Snickers.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

... One guy damn near kills himself on a treadmill...
                        I get morbid pleasure from any commercial that shows someone flying off the treadmill...Schick Quattro, Ford sync, there was a cell phone one where a guy is bragging about using someone else's phone he found in the locker room...they always crack me up. I second the motion though that Terry Tate is one of the best commercials ever...
                        Julia1971

Reviving this thread rather than starting a new one.  It's so stupid but I laugh at the GEICO hump day commercial every time it comes on.  "Hump Day!  Yeah!"

dennrunner

Reviving this thread rather than starting a new one.  It's so stupid but I laugh at the GEICO hump day commercial every time it comes on.  "Hump Day!  Yeah!"

Same at our house.

I found many German's ads clever. This one is rather amusing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1d6z4QoyQE

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

Julia1971

My German's not so good but I think the funny came through.  After yet another iPod had failed me, I probably should find other uses for them.

I found many German's ads clever. This one is rather amusing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1d6z4QoyQE