Beards! (Read 1076 times)

Mishka-old log

"Autumn's Child" Does that have anything to do with a song of the same name by another bearded dude?
      "Autumn's Child" Does that have anything to do with a song of the same name by another bearded dude?
      Ah! So you know of Devendra Banhart!? I never in a million years would have thought someone on these forums might know him! (not that any of you have anything wrong with themselves, but he is a very acquired taste, and I wasn't sure if you would be into him at all!) But yes, it is his song that I am named after! This made my morning. (and after the night I had, I needed a good morning!)
      "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
        Hey, Derek, it would be helpful if you made your training log public, so if you have questions, we can help you more. Smile
        Ah, all this time I thought it was public! It is public now, thanks for the suggetion! Wink
        "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
        jeffdonahue

DH started growing his beard in October 1998. I never liked it that much. Last February, when I got serious about losing weight, I asked him if he would cut it off if I lost 30 pounds, and he said yes. I don't think he thought I could really do it! Hee hee. On November 1, he had to cut it all off. Now he complains all the time about having to shave all the time. He does enjoy telling people who ask why he shaved it off.
          See now at least your husband keeps up with it. I remember my brother adn mother made a similar arrangement. My mother needed to quit smoking and she hated his long hair. She quit, he cut his hair. But after the initial cut, he just let it grow right back out again.
            See now at least your husband keeps up with it. I remember my brother adn mother made a similar arrangement. My mother needed to quit smoking and she hated his long hair. She quit, he cut his hair. But after the initial cut, he just let it grow right back out again.
            Oh man. That's crazy. Being a former smoker, I know how hard that must have been for your mom! But honestly, when you're a guy, you never really know long you'll have hair Cry So you need to enjoy it as long s you can!
            Mishka-old log

I'm glad that made your morning. He's one of my favorite artists and the album that song came from is my favorite of his. Probably the one (if there is one) that most people could enjoy listening to on the first listen. His other stuff (especially "Oh Me Oh My...") is definitely kind of out there, but the fact that there's nothing else like it is one of the things that makes his music great. Keeping with the thread topic...I don't have a beard. I've always wanted to grow one, but it wouldn't go over so well at my job. The closest I ever get is when I don't shave for a week when I'm on vacation.
                I'm glad that made your morning. He's one of my favorite artists and the album that song came from is my favorite of his. Probably the one (if there is one) that most people could enjoy listening to on the first listen. His other stuff (especially "Oh Me Oh My...") is definitely kind of out there, but the fact that there's nothing else like it is one of the things that makes his music great. Keeping with the thread topic...I don't have a beard. I've always wanted to grow one, but it wouldn't go over so well at my job. The closest I ever get is when I don't shave for a week when I'm on vacation.
                Hehe, Yeah. I just picked up nino rojo. Really really good. I saw him back in September, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The energy and love. Felt like I was at woodstock Smile. Yeah, I'm really lucky to work an office job, and be allowed to have a beard. I look very much like my dad when I shave (something I dread), so even if my boss said something, I would do something crazy (and creepy for my age) and just have a mustache. Would they even allow a close trimmed beard where you work?
                  I'm glad that made your morning.
                  Seeing the Emu again made my morning. Beard or not.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

hahah.
                    Mishka-old log

But a bearded emu would indeed be legendary.
                        But a bearded emu would indeed be legendary.
                        Indeed. Bonus T Deluxe Legendary if he also had fangs.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Mishka-old log

Hehe, Yeah. I just picked up nino rojo. Really really good. I saw him back in September, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The energy and love. Felt like I was at woodstock Smile. Would they even allow a close trimmed beard where you work?
                            Glad the show was cool. Every time they come around here, I seem to have something else going on. I would have like to see one of his shows when it was a smaller outfit...just 2 or 3 guys. They might allow a close trimmed beard, but Ive got a couple patches that (even at 30 years old) don't grow in well. I wouldn't be happy with anything other than a bushy scraggly thing that made the bare spots less obvious.
                              You truly are the Lord of the Internet. Thank you.

Imagine waking up to her/him every morning Big grin I think it has a cavity or something! Hehe.