Myrtle Beach Marathon BQ! (Read 756 times)

Kimmie

So I finally did it... after 7 marathons I BQed today with a 3:50. So excited... Here are the splits: Mile 1- 8:44 2-8:25 3-8:25 4-8:24 5-7:46- I have no idea what this mile was so fast. 6-8:34 7-8:32 8-8:31 9-8:30 10-8:38 11-8:46 12-8:39 13-9:20- I needed to tie my shoe and visit the porta pottie 14- 8:36 15-8:45 16- 8:58 17-8:44 18-8:34 19-8:34 20-8:48 21-8:40 22- 9:12- ok, my fuel belt kept coming off, so I tossed it to the side. 23-8:51 24- 9:12- just getting tired- not sure if I can do it 25- 8:55 26-8:43 last .7 My watch says- 4:00 or 8min. mile pace? how can that be? I know i was watching it closely and trying to get in just under the wire. I will be interested to see what my chip time is... I was very spent as I crossed the finish in 3:50:30- So happy that my family was there. This is a nice race and the weather wasn't bad- cool in the 50s, only started raining at mile 23. Ended up being a great day, met some nice people, got to see family and have a vacation, and get a BQ... time to celebrate.

Another Passion

CONGRATULATIONS KIMMIE!! WOOT! WOOT!! Cool

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I knew you'd do it!! Great race.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Awesome run, Kimmie! And really very consistent miles. Good for you! Congratulations on getting that BQ time!
            way to go! Congrats! That's awesome.

2012= under-goaled

Are those Garmin splits. If not, that race was a bit long Big grin Anyway congratsulation on the BQ and perfect splits - 8:44 first mile, 8:43 last mile, 8:47 Avg
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Awesome race! Well executed and congratulations on BQ!
                  awesome! congrats on your BQ! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

xor

I hope you stopped at one of the awesome pancake houses afterwards. Good job. And dragging a fuel belt along for most of it too!

That rocks! See you there in 2010! big grins, A
                      Masters 2000 miles
                        Ended up being a great day, met some nice people, got to see family and have a vacation, and get a BQ..
                        That sounds like a pretty good formula for a great day. Great job Kimmie, enjoy your well-earned celebration!

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

AWESOME GIRL!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! Boston here you come!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Menace to Sobriety

Muy Bueno Big grin

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Muy Bueno Big grin
                              Awesome job! I knew you could do it. Keep up the great work! Did you finish before the rain started? It got pretty cold once is started raining.

Dave

Way to go Kimmie!!!! Awesome job and some great pacing there. Nice to see all your hard work paying off Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com