First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

zonykel

Fight it!!  Do you reallywant to be saddled with having to register as an offender in the future.  Is Shapiro still taking on hardened criminals?

Register as an offender? It's not like he's a sex offender.

and as far as the misdemeanor having to be reported as a crime, I think it's easily explainable.

Fight it!!  Do you reallywant to be saddled with having to register as an offender in the future.  Is Shapiro still taking on hardened criminals?

I'm going to fight it as best I can, especially since I feel this is just a mouse trap waiting to happen to many others too.  In fact one of the reasons I posted this story here is because 1) this could save others from falling into the same kind of trap 2) I sure would like to find a lawyer 3) I hope this story goes viral too.  In fact I'm contacting whatever Chicago news stations I can now.  By the way I jogged by that small patch of land and it still looks perfectly safe to me.  There wasn't one sign warning you of any dangers.  Nor was any attempt such to keep you out, such as fencing.

Don't listen to the pond scum, Red Bird.  A misdemeanor like that means nothing.  You were just frigging running!  It's almost like a moving violation.  I have had misdemeanors over the years and not one has ever affected me in any way.

So, who wants popcorn? I'm gonna make a concession stand run before the fun starts.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Register as an offender? It's not like he's a sex offender.

and as far as the misdemeanor having to be reported as a crime, I think it's easily explainable.

Next time cup your hands over your head to catch it as it goes over.

You people have issues 

I'm going to fight it as best I can, especially since I feel this is just a mouse trap waiting to happen to many others too.  

Godspeed Red Bird.  Remember, bystanders are always innocent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EirLJqghA

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Feeling the growl again

Just declare yourself a sovereign citizen.  Problem solved.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

There is always the option of running in the forest preserve that is one darn block away.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Just declare yourself a sovereign citizen.  Problem solved.

I would, but from what I just saw online about it, all I'd be doing is digging myself deeper. Dead

The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) classifies "sovereign citizens" among domestic terror threats as anti-government extremists.[6] In 2010 the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) estimated that approximately 100,000 Americans were "hard-core sovereign believers" with another 200,000 "just starting out by testing sovereign techniques for resisting everything from speeding tickets to drug charges."[7]

dirtroadrunner

Popcorn....

There is always the option of running in the forest preserve that is one darn block away.

I was actually on my way to the forest preserve when I took that route.  But due to feeling like (censored word) after my run in with the Metra Police, I changed my route.

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Actually, you almost definitely have.  There are these things called birds that tend to poop on our windshields...Big grin.  If you have avoided them for 25 years, please pass along that secret!

That's what I say!  I may drive fast on the open road, but in 25 years of driving, I have never hit shit. Big grin

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

Actually, you almost definitely have.  There are these things called birds that tend to poop on our windshields...Big grin.  If you have avoided them for 25 years, please pass along that secret!

Daamn, so Techincal!  You got me.

I have hit several birds, a rabbit, and at least a couple squirrels.   I never like hitting them and try to avoid them at least a little, but unlike my wife, I am not going to cause a 3-car accident by slamming on the brakes. Approve

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I'm with Red Bird.  These "cops" are always trying to take our freedoms away and he probably thought you were an easy target (with your jean shorts).  Little did he know.  Good luck.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

I just wanted to applaud this fantastic photoshop.  This makes it appear that Orta was out.  Bravo.

By the way, did you know that Worrell did not blow one single save in the regular season??  That's automatic!!!!  He was a heckuva pitcher, no?

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

I'm with Red Bird.  These "cops" are always trying to take our freedoms away and he probably thought you were an easy target (with your jean shorts).  Little did he know.  Good luck.

Careful now .... the Chicago police are not to be taken lightly.  I mean, look at the force called out for this runner caught jaywalking:

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.