Your Week in Running - 12/17/07 to 12/23/07 (Read 594 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have seen this elsewhere, I have found it a nice way to keep up with how others in the community are doing. I'll start. Monday - rest day after an 80 mile week Tuesday - 3 miles easy Wednesday - 6 mile loop; 7.8 miles, running home from work Thursday - 11 miles running the long way to work Friday / Saturday - 23 miles in the middle of the night under the full moon Sunday - had to work all day, but at least I had a beer Total for week - 50.8 Miles Total for year - 1988.6 Miles
      Monday - 3 easy, 3 medium (no soccer game for me this week) Tuesday - 2 warm-up, 7 easy Wednesday - off (shopping with my mom) Thursday - 1.2 warm-up, 5 medium Friday - 9 easy Saturday - 10 easy Sunday - 3 easy Total for week - 43.3 Total for year - 1350.5

Michelle

must...resist...lure of weekly thread.... Roll eyes Looks like Mr. Trent Monkey will hit 2000 (watch your back next year, little boy!) Mon......6.8 Tue......30 min swim lesson, 20 min rowing, 20 min spinning Weds....intervals with The Administrators Thurs....8.4 ran to work & back Fri.......--- Sat......--- (blew off the bike ride; raining...weh, weh) Sun.....15 with fast finish Total for week: 34.3 Total for year: 902 (PF prevented me from running until late March)
        celiacChris

3Days4Cure

My log won't be as impressive as yours. Congrats Trent on the 80 mile week! Monday--Recovery day from teaching (my feet aren't used to being on them for 25 hours F-S yet) Tuesday--Off for flu Wednesday--3 miles walk/run (30 minute run) Thursday--3 miles walk/run (30 minute run) Friday--3 miles walk/run (30 minute run); 30 minutes stationary bike Saturday-- Rest/Teaching day

Chris
          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

must...resist...lure of weekly thread.... Roll eyes Looks like Mr. Trent Monkey will hit 2000 (watch your back next year, little boy!) ... (PF prevented me from running until late March)
            Wink I figured a test run here in late 2007 and ifn it goes well we can run it into the next year. PF sucks, glad to hear you recovered and pulled a bunch of miles! Me, I'm about to be a new dad to kiddo #3, which will knock me out for a few months in early '08.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Congrats Trent on the 80 mile week!
              Thanks Big grin, but if you look at my log, you will see that all I got in all of November was 60 miles Undecided. Danged asthma Sad Now I'm just trying to blast through 2000 in the waning days of the year, thus 80 miles last week. It was beyond my control Wink
              mikeymike

Mon - 0, snowstorm. Tue - 8.3, easy on some effed up snowy roads. Wed - 6.2, on a hotel treadmill. Thu - 0, travel. Fri - 0, snowstorm and all day meetings. Sat - 10 easy. Sun - 11.5 easy with Hudson. Total fo week - 36.1 Total for year - 2722.5 THis is the last week of my holiday slack off period now and then it's time to start thinking about getting my arse in gear.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

52 miles total, mostly easy. Nothing special to report. Still trying to ramp back up. My speed and stamina suck.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Monday 8 miles starting from La Jolla cove going south along the coast...lots of rolling hills and some speedwork. Tuesday 12 miles around the entire bay Wednesday rest Thursday 4 recovery miles with strides. yeah. I don't get it either...how you do a recovery run with strides but that's what the program called for. Roll eyes Friday 10 miles with 10k of tempo Saturday 17 long slow miles Sunday rest and holiday/ church stuff weekly mileage 51.0 Mi yearly mileage 1647.6 Mi Congrats on numero tres Trent!

Jennifer mm#1231

Teresadfp

One day at a time

52 miles total, mostly easy. Nothing special to report. Still trying to ramp back up. My speed and stamina suck.
                      Oh, my goodness, spaniel, I guess it's all relative! I can only dream of 52 miles, or perhaps it's better to say it will be awhile until I get there! Good luck ramping up.
                        Monday - rest day Tuesday - 5km race down on the waterfront - 22.52 - second fastest time ever Wednesday - 10k easy after work Thursday - weights before work, 7km after work including 1 x 2km and 1 x 1km fast (it was supposed to be 8km inc 3 x 2km fast but i just wasn't up to it) Friday - rest day Saturday - 1 mile race on the track - part of a charity event. my first timed mile - 6.41 Sunday - 14km easy running along the bays Total for the week - 48.0km Total for the year - 1327.9km
                        JB1

I was supposed to do about 45 miles ending with my last 22 mile long run...then 3 weeks taper into Disney on the 13th... I ran ZERO!!! My ankle won't allow it...it doesn't seem to be getting too much better either...I'm am pretty freaked out...all this training ane I get hurt three weeks before the race... I'm going to keep on resting and hope it gets better...I just have to hope it does...I know I should stay off it but I'm a restaurant owner so that's not really an option... It's looking like lots of Alleve and a really tight ankle wrap...
                            I have seen this elsewhere, I have found it a nice way to keep up with how others in the community are doing. I'll start.
                            Trent, a weekly thread is great. Thank for starting it. for me it was: Sun - 5 miles easy (9:20) Mon - 5 miles with the first 2.5 easy and the second 2.5 @ MP (7:40) Thu - 7 miles @ 8:35 Sat - 26.2 @ 8:45 I generally run Su, Tu, Th, Sat, but shuffled the schedule due to a dental appointment. I'll add a 5 mile easy run on Wed in the lasdt 5 weeks before a serious marathon. MTD - 119 YTD - 1781

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Think Whirled Peas

Monday 3 miles Tuesday Rest (after PR of 14 straight days!) Wednesday rest (still a little dinged up) Thursday WORK STINKS! Friday 5 easy, w/a fast finish Saturday 6.5 miles Sunday 14 miles (supposed to be 10 miler, but my dumbazz got lost) weekly mileage 28.6 Mi yearly mileage 655.5 Mi I like this idea Trent. It's hella easier than working through user logs. There are some peeps putting up crazy big numbers too. I mean seriously, Mike, 2700+ miles?!?!?!?! I cannot fathom that...

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

My log won't be as impressive as yours. Congrats Trent on the 80 mile week!
                                But, you HAVE a log to talk about. Give yourself the credit you have coming. Big grin Trent, yes ... congrats on the 80 miler. I'm too old to try one of those. Many of you reported great weeks and some very impressive yearly totals. Kudos all around!!

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.