Tell me how you've HTFU'd lately (Read 2844 times)

Maniac

ok so it took me 3 pages to figure out what HTFU is... and I LOVE it!! I think I need to adopt that mantra!
    I tried to go to the urban dictionary link, but it's blocked by my work server, and I'd rather not wait until I get home to figure out what the acronym is...I think I get the FU, and I think the T stands for "the"....Can someone tell me what the "H" stands for? Heart?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

H is for Harden. It's from Chopper Reid, an Australian comedian. He thinks Aussies have gotten too soft and need to Harden The F**k Up. HTFU has replaced "Suck it up, weak ass" as my personal mantra.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Maniac

Thank you Jeff. I appreciate it. I had kind of figured out the gist of it, but couldn't get the acronymn for the life of me.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

I LOVE OZZIES! Big grin I HTFU'd today (DW and DD think I'm nuts) by running in shorts. Temp. was 35. Wind chill was 25. I hate long pants... Angry Great thread! TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

UpNorth

I HTFU by running on the treadmill TWICE today.
            That is pretty damn hard core in my book!
              I'm glad I ONLY have cats right now, not kids!
              Me too! I HTFU by sucking it up and running 6ish miles on the TM as often as I can. I hate it hate it hate it but there's no way around it for now. The people at the gym think I'm nuts.
              2009: BQ?

Think Whirled Peas

The people at the gym think I'm nuts.
                I'm w/the people at the gym!!!! Big grin MTA - Spellang, mee kno gute

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

#artbydmcbride

I HTFU'd last Saturday, a friend wanted company on his 20 mile run, so I ran with him. Oh I guess he HTFU too! Big grin

Runners run

The people at the gym think I'm nuts.
                    Zat is because zey are all GURLEY MEN! Wink TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I hate to say anything that would discourage people from trying barefoot running, because it's awesome. But I just dug a little shard of metal out of my sole with a utility knife. Normally I'd be a big wimp and make my wife do it for me, but she's out of town. So I had to HTFU. That sucker was in deep, and it was in there for several days. Still, feet are amazing things. No blood, little pain. That skin is thick! Incidentally, I ran barefoot all fall and never had an issue like this. But the winter has softened my soles up, and with the unseasonably warm weather I couldn't resist ditching my shoes for a few miles.
                      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
                        I had to HTFU at 11am New Years day. I ran 7.8 miles at 8min/mile pace (both distance and pace a new record for me). Previous longest was 6.5 and fastest was 8:30/mile(over 4m). All after a night of beer and pizza /chips...For me thats HTFU Big grin
                        Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                        Ed4

Barefoot and happy

All after a night of beer and pizza /chips...For me thats HTFU Big grin
                          Sounds like you've discovered the secret. Beer and pizza makes you faster. Shh, don't tell everyone else! We need to perpetuate the myth that it's all about mileage...
                          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

Oh Mighty Wing

I had my first true HTFU run. 5 miles into my 8 mile run I slipped on a bridge and landed on my hip and forearm. Ouched loudly while I stopped Garmie (didn't want to have to make up for down time!) got up walked a couple feet, and got back to it! WOOHOO!!!! I feel very accomplished!
                              H is for Harden. It's from Chopper Reid, an Australian comedian. He thinks Aussies have gotten too soft and need to Harden The F**k Up. HTFU has replaced "Suck it up, weak ass" as my personal mantra.
                              Now Aussie comedian, previously aussie gangland hitman who made a name for himself by chopping his own ears off in prison to get transferred out a block he was in after a death threat against him. If you ask me thats a solid way to HTFU!

Just running for the fun of it!

I love that you Americans think he's a comedian Big grin Big grin Big grin